[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 196

v721965 >> :

Squares and rhombuses are not difficult. There is an Expert Advisor that works by Martingaleur (as I think) and sometimes shows phenomenal results (again, as I think :)). So on eurchf I have passed all the history up to now on H1 without losing money and increased my initial account 13.5 times. On other pairs it is not so good, but not so bad either. For eurusd from 20.01.09 up to now we have the same situation, the account has increased 2,4 times (with earlier dates it was losing). I have a few ideas how to improve it without losing money. I've been trying to figure out what to do with it to try and work it out.

>> "Martingale is evil?!

chief2000 писал(а) >>

"Martingale is Evil?!

Have you tried testing it?

v721965 >> :

Have you tried to test it?

In my opinion, martingale, as evil as it may be, is a worthy system to study. Though in its pure form it is far from technical analysis, at least it allows a beginner to decompose some concepts of the market and may serve as a reference point for creation of his own ideas. .... lyrical digression :)

Vladimir, let's see the results of your martin runs in the tester. Don't worry, nobody will steal them from here :)

v721965 >> :

Have you tried to test it?

This link is just for information. I once wrote my entire Martingale Advisor -

seemed to work fine on history. But then I gave up the idea because when you trade with real money you have to

But then I abandoned the idea because trading with real money you need to lose control periodically and take huge unnecessary risk.

Nerves are more expensive. But it's nice to show sometimes a nice straight line of deposit growth in Demo :)

tmp.0 писал(а) >>

In my opinion, martingale, as evil as it may be, is a worthy system to learn. Though in its pure form it is far from technical analysis, at least it allows a beginner to decompose some concepts of the market and may even serve as a reference point for creating his own ideas. .... lyrical digression :)

Vladimir, let's see the results of your martin runs in the tester. Don't worry, nobody will steal them from here :)

I have posted the EA and wrote on what I tested, check it. What about the pairs, may be their peculiarities (they are different, all the same) imply that the eurchf is being tested since 1999?

chief2000 писал(а) >>

seemed to work fine on history. But then I gave up the idea because when you trade with real money you have to

But then I abandoned the idea because trading with real money you have to lose control periodically and take huge unnecessary risk.

Nerves are more expensive. But it's funny sometimes to show others the nice line of deposit growth on demo :)

Thanks for the link. It is convincing. But it raises a question - is there a grail or not?

chief2000 писал(а) >>

But then I abandoned the idea because trading with real money you have to lose control periodically and take huge unnecessary risk.

Nerves are more expensive. But it's funny sometimes to show others the nice line of deposit growth on demo :)

Thanks for the link. It is convincing. But the question appears - is there a grail or not? If it exists, in what form? Or it constantly changes?

v721965 >> :

Thank you for the link. It's convincing. It just begs the question - is there a grail or not? If so, in what form? Or is it constantly changing?

>> Grail is invulnerable and one step ahead of everything you do

storm писал(а) >>

The Grail is invulnerable and one step ahead of everything you do.

Isn't that you?

A very good question. You will go far.
Reason: