[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 200

Please tell me where to read about running several EAs (systems) on the same terminal. Also, how to organize your workplace.

Thank you

open several charts and put your adviser on each chart... organising your workspace is more complicated... It is desirable to have a table, a chair, writing utensils, a wiped table, a ventilated room... although it could be the other way round + a bottle of cold beer...

VAM_ >> :

Please tell me where to read about running several EAs (systems) on the same terminal. Also, how to organize your workplace.

Thanks

What a question in the middle of the Internet.

One Expert Advisor can run on one chart. Many charts can be opened in one terminal. You have to base your work on this basis. The main thing is to allow the work of EAs, do not forget to allow them to trade and, if necessary, allow them to import dll functions.

In general, with this level of knowledge, it is recommended to forget about EAs and trade manually on a demo account.

I don't know if this is what you need, but there is an article on MT4TerminalSync - MetaTrader 4 terminal synchronisation system

Good day to all

Can you please advise - Is it possible to make a screenshot of an external chart (not the chart on which the code runs) programmatically?

And what can I do with the result of WindowHandle?

For the beer and internet lovers (woohoo, how cool are they!!!!!) let me tell you that MT4 is not the only platform in trading. I, for example, used and programmed on WealthLab for many years, but with the release of version 5 on .NET, I decided that I needed to switch to something else. So I haven't read the whole thing for a couple of weeks yet, you guys are awesome. Thanks nevertheless.

VAM_ >> :

For the beer and internet lovers (woohoo, how cool are they!!!!!) let me tell you that MT4 is not the only platform in trading. I, for example, used and programmed on WealthLab for many years, but with the release of version 5 on .NET, I decided that I needed to switch to something else. So I haven't read the whole thing for a couple of weeks yet, you guys are awesome. Thanks nevertheless.

Looks like WealthLab is worth the money, and a lot of it. I should have switched to MT a long time ago :)

Interesting >> :

Good day to all

Please advise - Is it possible to make a screenshot of an external chart (not the chart on which the code runs)?

And what you can do with result of WindowHandle?

Send WM_SHOWWINDOW, make a screenshot of WindowScreenShot

or use WinUser32.mqh

int ShowWindow(int hWnd,int nCmdShow);
int SetActiveWindow(int hWnd);

help me out: why Alert=0???

here's the code for the script - it counts the average size of the candle

int start()
  {
//----
for(int i=1; i<=500; i++) 
   {
    int candle=High[ i]-Low[ i];
    int sum= sum+ candle;
   }  
//----
double total_size= sum/500;
Alert(" средний размер свечи (High-Low) = ", total_size);
//----
   return(0);
  }

dmmikl86 >> :

help me out: why Alert=0 ???

here's the code for the script - it reads the average size of the candlestick

int start()
  {

double sum = 0; // Переменная должна объявляться и иницилизироваться до цикла, а не в цикле

//----
for(int i=1; i<=500; i++) 
   {
    int candle=High[ i]-Low[ i];
     sum= sum+ candle;
   }  
//----
double total_size= sum/500.0; // При делении любого числа на целое число, результат округляется до целого числа
Alert(" средний размер свечи (High-Low) = ", total_size);
//----
   return(0);
  }
Reason: