MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 159

TarasBY:
Drawing a grid is not only a task of comfort for the eye. It is, for example, a possibility to apply "graphical analysis" (i.e. graphical drawings for analysis of price "behaviour"). We have time/price on the axes. So, in case of periodical absence of bars (history curve) we obtain a deformation along the time axis and whatever principle of grid creation is used - the adequacy of this analysis is very questionable. But for comfort of the eye - YES (I support it)!

It's not just about simple comfort for the eyes. The main thing is practicality and appropriateness. I have described my (generally accepted and standard) vision. If anyone can explain to me the expediency and practicality of the current rendering of the grid/scale in MT4 I would be grateful. In my opinion it does not make any sense other than the appearance of having a grid. So to speak, a grid for the sake of a grid, and nothing more.
I have no problem with skipping bars. It is mainly about the horizontal grid and its scale intervals.

Experienced traders do not clutter up the working thread.

pro_:
The student asked the teacher, "How can you tell a wise man from a fool?"
- "He who thinks others are clever and always learns from them is a wise man. A fool is the one who thinks he is the smartest and teaches others.

That's a good one...

Good luck to us!

Everything is important in the programme: both the many functions and the ease of use. This is why I am also in favour of changing the principles of the scale and grid display. Now, the grid is not only uninformative, but on the contrary, it often leads to confusion by an unexpected and completely illogical, unpredictable change in the step of divisions. A second ago the grid lines were located relative to candlesticks in the same way, and at the next tick all the lines are shifted (again, relative to these candlesticks). Or to be more exact, the candlesticks have moved relatively to the lines. We have to re-read the figures of the scale and recalculate the price of divisions. This makes it difficult to visually track changes on the chart. It is OK for a one-time analysis. But it is very distracting and stressful during constant analysis. For those who have worked only with MT, such a grid may seem normal. But try to work in other terminals with correct grid scaling and then return to MT - you will immediately feel the difference and discomfort. I disabled such a grid long ago, and in my analysis I focus only on manually set lines of price levels. But it is too much effort. When analyzing large periods we have to manually set a lot of such lines. I want it to be like in other terminals and like in pro_'s examples: binding of grid lines not to the screen, but to the round values after the decimal point in the price.

ReasonMan:
[...] I want it to be like in other terminals and like in pro_'s examples: grid lines are not attached to the screen, but to the round values after the decimal point in the price.
I support the previous speaker!

ReasonMan:
Everything is important in the programme: both the many functions and the ease of use. This is why I am also in favour of changing the principles of the scale and grid display. Nowadays, the grid is not only uninformative, but on the contrary, it is often misleading with unexpected and completely illogical, unpredictable changes in the graduation step.
I support my opinion that a fixed instrument price scale is needed in MT4. For MQ programmers it should not be difficult to add this option to the program. For those who are against it - in the program settings you can add a tick "Disable fixed scale". And the question will be solved. Rule of golden ratio... :)

Nemser:
I agree with the previous speaker!

Actually, the price scale is round in five-point increments...

phenix:

Actually, the price scale is round in five-point increments...

Actually, if you look closely at the screenshot, the grid spacing is different for each chart ))))

You can call the values integer, but they are not round and certainly not in 5 pips increments.

evillive:

Actually, if you look closely to the screenshot, the grid spacing is different for each chart)))

You can call the values integer, but they are not round and certainly the step is not 5 pips.

Absolutely right. The intervals between the grid lines have been added to the chart, and they are not always the same even on the same chart.

Besides, in a cursory glance at the charts, it is impossible to tell which currency has more or less movement than the other. That is, the current grid is not suitable for comparative analysis. Each chart has the same number of divisions of the scale, which is misleading. At first glance, the currencies on the 3rd and 5th charts (EURCHF and GBPCHF) have the same movement, although in fact they do not (240 for EURCHF and 640 for GBPCHF).

ReasonMan:
I would like it to be like in other terminals and like in pro_'s examples: the grid lines are not attached to the screen, but to the round values after the decimal point in the price.

I will also support it, because the grid as it is now is only a design element.
Reason: