Wishes for MQL5 - page 61

TheXpert >> :

All you need to do is to indent the blocks wider.

For 2-3 blocks nested in series "will do", but not for 10-15 (in depth) parallel-serial blocks.

kernelmd >> :

VC has Ctrl+], Ctrl+[ - very useful feature.

What's that thing?

{(1)

}(2)

In VisualStudio, if you are at the beginning of a block (1) and press Ctrl+], you jump to the end of the block (2) if you press Ctrl+] again, you jump back to the beginning, etc.

Very convenient, I always use.

coaster >> :

For 2-3 in series nested units "will do", but not for 10-15 (in depth) parallel-serial units.

How much????

Buttress, you are contraindicated to be engaged in programming!

TheXpert >> :

How much????

You're disqualified from programming.

I know it's contraindicated, but I can't go without the excesses. ;)

Such "monsters" are of course kept in inludes. But bushes, rarely, but they are found, what is strange...

kernelmd >> :

In VisualStudio, if you find yourself at the beginning of a block (1) and press Ctrl+], you jump to the end of the block (2); if you press Ctrl+] again, you jump back to the beginning, and so on.

Very handy, I use it all the time.

Thank you. I mean MQL4. I didn't have a chance to get acquainted with VisualStudio. I wish I had, though.

coaster >> :

I know it's contraindicated, but I can't be without excess. ;)

You can easily get rid of them, and you don't need a fancy editor for that.

Just spread complex functionality over a few simplified functions.

kernelmd >> :

In VisualStudio, if you find yourself at the beginning of a block (1) and press Ctrl+], you jump to the end of the block (2); if you press Ctrl+] again, you jump back to the beginning, and so on.

Very useful, I use it all the time.

Yup, great stuff. Speaking of studio, I've got such a thing as VisualAssist. Can't go without it in studio anymore.

I would like to be able to add comments to orders during manual trading, when opening or after opening by editing the field linked to the order. When there are a large number of orders it is easy to confuse what was opened and for what purpose... This is not a difficult thing, but it would be a good help. Now I do it by means of "blackboard chalk notes", which is not very handy.

I would VERY much like to see this in the new terminal...

More callbacks, not only Start() Init() and DeInit()

For example I want to get control not only when I get a new Tick, but every N-seconds (for example)... As I see, there is no such an opportunity at the moment.

Or I want to use external signals in my EA. I want to integrate the application that sends signals with the EA, but how? It would be good to have in the EA callback: onUserEvent() and special windowed WM_XXX constants which call onUserEvent() in its turn and from another application I will only do SendMessage().

Very simple and efficient scheme.

Haven't read the whole thread, so I'm sorry if I repeat myself.
I would like to have an option to save tick data for pre-selected instruments, so that these ticks can be used in the tester!
And of course to display the tick charts themselves in a large window, as well as other time periods.
Thank you, MQL rules!

In general, I want to be able to place source codes of EAs in any folder, rather than as now there are 20 pieces of files in the experts folder.

But I suspect that the "projects" announced for MQL5 will solve this problem

And about the event-based model kernelmd is a good idea, although this is unlikely to be in the foreseeable future.
MQL5 has already made a huge step forward.

I have this suggestion, maybe it's too much and I'm already overdoing it, but think for yourself how cool it would be:
Everybody knows very well what kind of problems there are with constant online trading, which an EA needs, and if there is such a function, it would be a moose. And some people don't even have a normal Internet connection for their EA to trade! Others rent servers because of this problem!
With the new programming language there will be not only a new terminal, but the server software will be updated!
What I suggest is to make it possible to download an EA into the terminal and it will trade whether a user is connected to the net or not! Imagine how it will immediately promote the MQL5 language and the terminal using it!!!
And you have said yourself that you will speed up the code, so the server will not strain so much - the code.
And you can make one EA to be used only, and the rest for a fee. It's like renting a server, only a thousand times easier \ and cheaper.
Reason: