The fate of the world's currencies in the wake of the demise of the dollar.

I read that the U.S. dollar has two categories of banknote series: for domestic use and for the rest of the world, that the U.S. could overnight recognize "non-U.S." banknotes as mere bills... The Yellowstone volcano is about to go on the rampage, so let's just say the world 's currency is about to go belly-up, how will the rest of the world's currencies feel?

Please speak up, gentlemen.

Joo Zepper:

I read that the U.S. dollar has two categories of banknote series: for domestic use and for the rest of the world, that the U.S. could overnight recognize "non-U.S." banknotes as mere bills... The Yellowstone volcano is about to go on the rampage, so let's just say the world 's currency is about to go belly-up, how will the rest of the world's currencies feel?

I've been hearing about the demise of the dollar for over 10 years... and the longer it goes on the more they scream - and the dollar gets stronger)))

Joo Zepper:

I read that the U.S. dollar has two categories of banknote series: for domestic use and for the rest of the world, that the U.S. could overnight recognize "non-U.S." banknotes as mere bills... The Yellowstone volcano is about to go on the rampage, so let's just say the world's currency is about to go belly-up, how will the rest of the world's currencies feel?

A long time ago (before the rumors about the imminent death of the dollar and the collapse of the U.S.) there was a forecast attributed to Vanga that the dollar would soon be devalued and the yuan would rule the world (and they would put up toilets instead of wallpaper with dollars). This "prediction" was then very happily replicated over the years that followed .... I suppose that the other currencies would feel good about it (if they are already "happy" about it). True, such a time will never come ...

China has been given a bone to pick with the inclusion of the renminbi in the SDR.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership (40% of world trade), who will run it is clear. And so on...
And so... Everything is fair - "free markets", "free trade"))))
There are still 10-15 years for the quid... Then we'll see.

Vizard_:
There are still 10-15 years for the quid ... then we'll see.
I may not live to see it ...

How long the quid has left is out of the question. It is about what will happen to the other currencies if the quid depreciates, and we want to hear opinions on that.

Joo Zepper:
How long the quid has left is not the point. The question is what will happen to other currencies if the dollar goes down in value.

But what will happen to them - the dollar will end)))

They will live and prosper, and will end one day (c).

The ruble will not be affected.

What world currencies???

There is one regional Euro and that's it!

Joo Zepper:

We'll cut their cable.)

Dmitry Fedoseev:
The ruble will not be affected.
+1
Reason: