The fate of the world's currencies in the wake of the demise of the dollar. - page 96

transcendreamer #:

Citing Zadorny as an argument in economic discourse is like climbing onto a table in a decent restaurant with your feet up and eating with your hands instead of cutlery...

His last name is Zadornov, not Zadorny. Accordingly, you have poorly learned the grammar of the Russian language. It is correct to write "Bringing Zadornov as..." and so on.

Vitalii Ananev #:

I didn't say that, I was just making an analogy. (Biden called the Foxnews journalist stupid) In other words, you said it. What's there to talk about, you don't know anything about it.

What's Biden got to do with it anyway? 🤭 We were talking about emissions and emission factors, weren't we?

Well it sort of turns out that if you don't understand that the internal factors of DCP have a much greater influence in emission, then it turns out that you are sort of incompetent on monetarism, it turns out that way.

I wonder then how QE is possible in your picture of the world for example, heh...

Look at the ratios of monetary aggregates and their dynamics

https://www.cbr.ru/statistics/ms/

https://www.cbr.ru/statistics/macro_itm/dkfs/#a_128613file

And then try to find a correlation with your SDRs 😁

Alexey Viktorov #:

His surname is Zadornov, not Zadorny. Accordingly, you have poorly learned the grammar of the Russian language. It is correct to write "Bringing Zadornov as..." and so on.

It was a deliberate erativism and post-irony, in case you hadn't noticed... in the sense that he was a really cheerful funny man, even though he sometimes talked a terrible load of crap...

transcendreamer #:

What has Biden got to do with it anyway? 🤭 We were talking about emissions and the factors of emissions, weren't we?

Well it sort of turns out that if you don't understand that the internal factors of QE have a much greater influence in emission, then it turns out that you are sort of incompetent on monetarism, so it turns out.

I wonder then how QE is possible in your picture of the world for example, heh...

Check out the ratios of monetary aggregates and their dynamicshttps://www.cbr.ru/statistics/ms/ https://www.cbr.ru/statistics/macro_itm/dkfs/#a_128613file

And then try to find a correlation with your SDRs 😁

That's right they say don't feed the troll, all your words will turn against you.

You decided to end the emission discussion on your own. Or did you? And Biden was cited as an analogy to illustrate the way you decided to end this discussion.

I reiterate, your credibility is beyond doubt and I will definitely follow your advice to be better prepared in case you and I decide to continue this topic again. :)

Vitalii Ananev #:

That's right they say don't feed a troll, all your words will backfire on you.

It was you who decided to end the emission discussion. Or did you? And Biden was cited as an analogy to illustrate how you decided to end this discussion.

I reiterate, your credibility is beyond doubt and I will definitely follow your advice to be better prepared in case you and I decide to continue this topic again. :)

Formally on the merits your thesis successfully failed, as you failed to specify what connection between SDR and monetary restrictions, say local Central Bank has no right to print, not a single relevant argument at all.

Even the hypothesis itself was delusional, for even the legal documents of the Central Bank clearly state that the function of regulating issuance is entirely the responsibility of the Central Bank, along with other functions.

https://www.cbr.ru/about_br/bankstatus/

What illiteracy, I'm bloody disappointed that the forum is descending into conspiracy obscurantism.

In fact, gentlemen, instead of substantive discourse you start shoving Biden and Zadorny, so who are the trolls here, hmmm?

Shame on you...

Aleksey Nikolayev #:

What is surprising is the lack of understanding of the simple fact that "there are no free lunches". This status hurts the national economy - see for example the Triffin paradox. This was the reason for the creation of SDRs, which will sooner or later replace the dollars. It's time to stop with the "inevitable collapse of the dollar" shamelessness -- it's really lowering the level of the forum.

What is surprising is the lack of understanding of the simple fact that free lunches are much loved by all, irrespective of religion, nationality or party affiliation. World currency status is exactly what gives the citizens of an immitrant country free lunches at the expense of the rest of the world. Why, for example, was there a very painful reaction to the proposal to sell Russian gas for roubles? It would seem to make no difference what kind of notes to sell it for. But it is clear to anyone slightly acquainted with economics that this means that the buyers keep ruble-denominated accounts for several trillion roubles all the time. Or, in other words, to lend the Russian economy that amount for free. It is clear that in the current circumstances it is a bit at odds with the party's general line. In fact, the status of the world's reserve currency gives the US economy such a permanent free loan, only on a much larger scale.

The Triffin paradox was relevant before the rise of forex, actually, in a sense, the Jamaican agreement was designed to cure the negativity of the Bretton Woods system, including it. The SDRs were created in the pre-Forex era, and then they became a kind of artificial currency for the functioning of the IMF, linked to forex quotations. To expect them to replace any currency is very naive. Compare the scale, the state or Chinese economy and the size of the IMF.

If you get really annoyed by my attempts to articulate my vision of the future, I will shut up. To be honest I am not particularly keen on it.

Stop haggling over a system that is designed to manage the economies of other countries.

There will be no end of the dollar, and giving up the dollar is probably poor logic.

The only logic is that if a transaction takes place between the U.S. and another country, there should be an exchange in the direction of the purchased goods

With the buyer paying in the national currency of the seller.

There are essentially no other fair options for the use of the US dollar

Статус мировой валюты как раз и дает гражданам страны иммитента, бесплатные обеды за счет остального мира.

Of course we will not prove anything, we just throw in any idea we like, the main thing is louder... 😀 And how consumers get free gas and other resources - we won't say either, yup, especially at current prices...

But for anyone slightly familiar with economics, it is clear that this means that customers keep ruble bills of several trillion rubles in their hands all the time.

What nonsense... Anyone with little or no knowledge of economics understands that it is not necessary and even harmful to keep cache, you can just buy rubles immediately before payment, or better yet, conclude a forward or a currency swap contract ... but the screamers probably have not heard such words, it is understandable...

Or in other words, to lend the Russian economy that amount for free.

Obviously the author is not familiar with the concept of credit in principle... 🤭 if you don't distinguish between current accounts and credit then go to the factory 😏

What would happen if the dollar was 1 ruble?

For us

transcendreamer #:
Obviously the notion of credit is unfamiliar to the author in principle... 🤭 if you don't distinguish between current accounts and credit then go to the factory 😏

I'll shut up now, in the presence of such a guru of economics one can only be silent and listen. I have no desire or time to compete with you in graphomania. Gone. To the factory.

Reason: