Help write an expert - page 6

Fduch >> :

I think Figar0 has a more reliable solution, I recommend to use his EA.

I would use his EA for real trading, but it is a bit risky: no protection against news, no trailing stop (at least a trivial transfer to Breakeven). Besides the strategy will be profitable only during the trend.

>> Is it worth breaking my neck for this primitive strategy? I thought it had long been clear that EAs based on the intersection of two averages can only be used as a training example for MQL programming.

khorosh писал(а) >>

It's not worth breaking a bone over this primitive strategy. I thought it had long been clear to everyone that EAs based on the intersection of two averages can only be used as a textbook example for MQL programming.

I wouldn't bother so many people just to give them a training example for programming)

khorosh >> :

Is it worth breaking a spear ...

You shouldn't. Yet you write posts in this thread -)

Fduch писал(а) >>

I think Figar0 has a more reliable solution, I recommend to use his EA.

I would use his EA for real trading, but it is a bit risky: no protection against news, no trailing stop (at least a trivial transfer to Breakeven). Besides, the strategy will be profitable only during a trend.

Can't we add a trailing stop or b/o? I think if it shows well, it may happen. I do not want to guess.) Let me post testing results here after optimization and we will try to estimate its value together)

StatBars писал(а) >>
Feel free to use it, if you have any corrections you can write here.....

I want to thank you for your participation in this thread. Thank you very much, I hope you will take part in the discussion about the test results in case you like it)

Fduch писал(а) >>

You shouldn't. Yet you write posts in this thread -)

Then I'm just surprised... If you're initially convinced it's not worth doing, then why did you write an advisor? I'm just perplexed)

Vadimus >> :

Can't you add a trailing stop or b/o afterwards? I think that if it performs well, it is possible. I don't want to guess, though...) Let me show you the results of testing after optimization and we will try to estimate its cost together)

I advise to leave at least one month for OOS during optimisation

The strategy has a small grain, a breakout and its confirmation by overcoming the extremum, but 15M timeframe is too small for such a strategy. 1H or 4H IMHO. And of course all these EAs need improvement for the real trade.

Vadimus >> :

Then I just wonder... If you're initially convinced that it's not worth doing, why did you write an advisor? I'm just perplexed)

I liked the design of the T.Z. =)

Fduch писал(а) >>

I advise to leave at least one month for OOS when optimising

Again, a question for the illiterate, what is OOS?

Reason: