Your symbols and your datafeeds in Metatrader 5 - page 16

What did you attach the picture for?

You are categorically unwilling to communicate in the language of reproducible evidence. On the other hand, on our side, all the mechanisms of proof are publicly available. All that is required is a correct and complete description of the introduction and anyone can check it for themselves.

So far I can state that your statements about "other heuristic algorithms allow us to find solutions much faster than MT5 GA" are false.

And you probably do not know anything about visualization of results in MT5 tester. Just like you don't know about the export of detailed optimization statistics with the possibility to open it in Excel where you can add your custom filtering and additional visualization.

ANG3110:
It's not like I'm a developer, and I don't have the ability to study heuristic algorithms in more depth. I just don't have time for it and it's a side effect of what I had to do to get around the shortcomings of the in-house tester, although of course it's an interesting topic. I can't afford to sit and research for weeks and months on something I don't use in trading. I do not like the tester in MT5, of course I can describe why, but this is not a criticism of you personally - this is just what is needed and what is there. For example, I made such a feature for myself as displaying several results of the test on one chart. Moreover, if you had seen how easy it is done. There are other features as well. All of them are useful and facilitate the adjustment and optimization. I'm keeping silent about what and how is done in MT5 in the tester, otherwise I'm afraid to get stuck on the forum for a long time.
Another load of words from a man who doesn't use MT5 tester and yet manages to say "I don't like the tester in MT5".

barabashkakvn:
So it will now be possible to glue the futures together yourself?
Yes

Renat:

What is the picture for?

You are categorically unwilling to communicate in the language of reproducible evidence. On the other hand, on our side, all the mechanisms of proof are publicly available. All that is required is a correct and complete description of the introduction and anyone can check it for themselves.

So far I can state that your statements about "other heuristic algorithms allow us to find solutions much faster than MT5 GA" are false.

You probably do not know about visualization of results in MT5 tester at all.

I attached a picture as an idea of what you can further develop in the tester. And not only that. Data, i.e. quotes are the food for trading programs. Everything revolves around them and without them everything is useless as it would starve to death. I've hardly followed MT5 lately, as I can't implement my own quotes, and plus the lack of asks (average spreads per bar - I don't like it, as it makes everything worse). There may be some progress in MT5 at the moment. I'll have a look at it at my leisure.

barabashkakvn:
Another load of words from someone who doesn't use the MT5 tester and yet manages to say "I don't like the tester in MT5".
How can I use it if I haven't been able to implement my brokers data so far. I gave it a spin just to familiarise myself with it. I tried to describe my impressions, the developers gave it a hostile reception. I have nothing better to do than to argue. I have more than a dozen of my own and joint accounts trading every day, plus 7 PAMM accounts. You know, it is a great strain on my mind and psyche and I just cannot afford to play with tester, which I cannot use for practice and reals. There was a time I tried it, after a while I tried some more, to see what changed, and practically nothing, - I'm waiting for more. I also came to this topic in the hope that I would be able to download my data. But there won't be any asks anyway, or will there be?

ANG3110:
It's not convenient and is made by programmers, not traders.
And what exactly in the MT5 tester is less convenient, apart from the possibility of MT4 to twist and slip in "left" quotes?

ANG3110:
I have attached the picture as an idea of what can be further developed in the tester.
Well, what's wrong with "all values" visualisation?

Laryx:
And what exactly in the MT5 tester is less convenient, apart from the possibility of MT4 to twist and slip "left" quotes?
Well, to objectively answer this question, not from memory, but as it is today, I need to look again at all the details. I have to prepare everything again, pull it out of the archives, etc. When the developers make the datafeed, then perhaps I will again look at it all and maybe describe my latest impressions.

Serj_Che:

I have no doubt that your algorithm will overtake everyone.

But for the sake of experiment, I'm willing to be a third )

I can experiment with standard GA, I've already shown one test here.

I also have my own light GA that I developed for easy integration into Expert Advisors. It does not pretend to be fast, but I may try it for the sake of an experiment.

Give me a test function.

Wait. I don't see the point in comparing GAs yet. When opponents with other types of algorithms come, then we'll talk, although I doubt it, because none of them got any further than "smart words" from the wiki.

Thank you.

Laryx:
So what's wrong with "all values" visualisation?
The picture I have attached is not based on visualisation. In my "tester", the previous test results are remembered, because the name of the pairs and the time are different. This is all written to a file and at the end an exhash file is run, which opens a program to read the data from the file. They are sorted and grouped by characters, processed by time overlap points and then displayed on a graph and opens it. So all this is practically done at the click of a button. Or there is also a mode where I can remember the last test as if manually by running a script to record the latest results. Generally speaking, with this approach it is much more convenient and quicker and more enjoyable to use. For multicurrency tests I have a list with symbols and checkboxes, I just mark which pairs to test and it's easy and comfortable. If I use MT5 I need to manually add symbols to a file, open a symbols window and the multi-currency test will follow this list but results will not be shown on charts like mine. All this is not convenient and irrational and time-consuming, I tell you, it's not the traders who will use it but programmers who have done it.
Reason: