100-200 a year are dreams?

Alexander Laur:
With his strategy - 100% dreams!
I'm afraid to even ask about mine

Daniil Stolnikov:
I'm afraid to even ask about mine.
Oops, so you have a strategy? Wow...

George Merts:

There are much bigger companies that don't pay back their investments, are you suggesting that the risks should be increased?

Is it serious money? So take a small risk, see what's what... ...or is it all about the Eurobucks?

And about "not profitable enough" - it is interesting. What are the criteria we use to judge?

Only in comparison with other (less risky) methods of increasing the number after the "$" sign.

You see, you're hauling pies out of the bazaar, not for the pie handing out originally built. Hence the difficulties.

Alexander Laur:
With his strategy - 100% dream!
Why? For a year and a half now, the flight is normal... Yes, I'd like 300%, but alas... That's a dream... Well... we have what we have...

moskitman:

Is it serious money? So take a small risk, take a closer look, see if it's a hoo-ha... or is it all about the Eurobucks?

Nah... It's just that on other instruments - my TS works very badly.

You see, you're hauling pies from the bazaar, not for handing out pies originally built. Hence the difficulties.

And what kind of pies are "meant to be dragged around" ?

Alexander Laur:

That's just my opinion. Really, it's not an opinion based on nothing. :)

Now to answer your question briefly:

1. Your strategy uses a fixed stop, 15% of the deposit. Fixed stops are a direct route to losing the deposit! They have nothing to do with limiting losses, they just kill the deposit.

A clear example of stop killing.

And what does this have to do with 15% of my deposit? Would it be better if I set from 1% to 50%?

I thought stop loss percentage is more a question of MM, not stop loss itself.

As for the "clear example" - I do not understand it at all. Quite normal price movement, not exceeding the daily ATR you call "beating out stops".

My fixed stop easily survived this, and even survived the next day. If there was a reversal now - then I'm still going to come out in profit...

I don't understand how fixed stops can "kill" a deposit. Especially taking into account the fact that they haven't for 15 years, and now they are going to do it.

Not to mention that when trailing the SL will shift, reducing the allowable loss.

2. Many centuries of experience in exchange trading teaches that if the deposit load, for a long term strategy, exceeds 1%, then the deposit will be drained - a matter of time. I simply agree with this statement.

My average deposit load, just on a long term strategy I have no more than 5%. You don't confuse the SL level, and the average load. 15% - it's loading directly when you beat the initial SL, which was never moved by trailing...

Well, most importantly, if the drawdown reaches 50% - the work of TS will be stopped. There will not be a drawdown in any case. And given that I'm already in profit, the total drawdown of investments will not be so great.

Well... Let's see...

George Merts:

Nah... It's just that on other instruments - my TS works out of the box.

And which pies are 'meant to be dragged' ?

The pies are the same - the bazaars are different.
From the word "at all".

Alexander Laur:

In my example, for 15 minutes (!!!) price successively breaks through the daily extrema and then returns to the levels where the move started. This is the work of the puppet on FIXED stops. :)

Um... What do you mean by "fixed stops" ??? First you tell me about my TS, in which a stop is set at three different levels - either 40 pips above the pattern maximum, or 20 pips above an important P&C level, or 30 pips above an important trendline (at the moment the stop is set for the last variant). So it appears that a "fixed stop" is simply a set SL.

Then you talk about levels of daily extrema, so it turns out that fixed stops are not just SLs, but SLs on daily extrema. So you are also referring to some specific values...

What are "non-fixed stops"? No stops at all?

If we trade on the hours and below - the SL may be even lower than the daily maximum and this kind of movement, as it were, and SHOULD knock out such a SL, limiting losses. This is not a "sinking of the deposit", but on the contrary, saving it...

Those who had their stops set at the daily extremes (both Sellers and Buyers) have locked in their MAXIMUM possible loss. That's why fixed stops are deposit killers.

Wait, wait, wait. SL is always the "maximum possible loss" for the current trade. Moreover, I end up with SL in half to two thirds of trades. However, this does not prevent the deposit from growing ! Since each TP is three to four (and sometimes even more) times bigger than SL...

Trailing stop - reduces profits, not losses. :)

If it reduced profits - I wouldn't use it. As testing on the history in my TS shows we need trailing stops.

There's still a long way to go before the lemon.
Reason: