Promotion of indicators - page 8

artmedia70:
Who says the King is a fool!?!? :D
Probably someone who doesn't like Rex? :)

I personally see an option - to allow the demo version to work in the tester. And prohibit it from working on the last bars of the tester. I.e. - test on historical data, as well as the Expert Advisor, but if the testing ends at the present time, then this should be cut off - the testing should end on the day before yesterday, for example. Accordingly, the testing should be allowed to start earlier than the day before yesterday in the tester (so that the testing range is not negative)

Candid:
Probably someone who doesn't like Rex? :)
And Rex is a fool? :D

artmedia70:
Is Rex a fool? :D
I get it, it's a cat in front of a picture :)

Candid:
I get it, it's a cat in front of a painting :)
Yes, the painting is asleep. Now the cat's talking ;)

There was an announcement that demos for turkeys would be implemented.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

How to post a Product for Market?

Renat, 2014.08.26 09:08

Experts have a Download Demo button both on the website and in the terminal:

But for indicators in MT4 it turns out they haven't enabled downloading demo versions yet. We will make it like in MT5 in the next version.

marketeer:

There was an announcement that demos for turkeys would be implemented.

However. It's been a long time... It's been a long time...

Despite all efforts :), I continue to fail to understand the prohibition of functionality restrictions for demo indicators. Provided, of course, that it is explicitly announced and a fully functional version is available. I emphasise that we are talking specifically about indicators. Expert Advisors are quite a different matter, of course.

Basically, we can imagine that when placing the indicator on the market, the author has a small menu of "standard" methods of limiting the functionality (that can be implemented at the terminal level). And he only ticks the boxes. The client, when running the demo, is informed which limitations are used in this demo. This is also where the demo is told that it is a demo version.

Candid:

So that those who wish can decompile? :)) The version is a demo one, but the algorithm inside must be working.

It's a long time since I heard about decompiling of mql codes. This problem was relevant in times of old mql4, when everything could be opened elementary, and decompiling services (and decompilers themselves) were offered at every step.And now everything is much more complicated, as far as I know, and to crack an mql code is not much easier than an ordinary program. Hardly anyone will bother with it. It's not worth the trouble. Or you have different information?

Besides, it's a demo-version where functionality is stripped and part of the code can be simply cut out at the compilation stage.Or the restriction is embedded into the algorithm itself, and to remove it, you will need to thoroughly understand the logic of the code being cracked - and there are very few people willing to do that. Sometimes it is difficult to understand even from the source code of the indicator algorithm, not to mention the disassembled variant.

meat:

I haven't heard about decompilation of mql codes for a long time. This problem was relevant in old mql4 times, when everything could be opened elementary, and decompilation services (and decompilers themselves) were offered at every step.But now everything is much more complicated, as far as I know, and to crack the mql code is not much easier than ordinary programs. Hardly anyone would bother with it. The deception is not worth the cost. Or you have different information?

Besides, this is a demo-version, it has truncated functionality. A part of the code can be simply cut out at the compilation stage.Or the restriction is strongly embedded into the algorithm itself, and to remove it you will need to thoroughly understand the logic of the code being cracked - and there are very few people who dare to do this. Sometimes it is difficult to understand even from the source code of the indicator algorithm, let alone the disassembled variant.

That may be why you do not hear that thanks to the marketplace files can not be posted. Although I'm not an expert of course.

I think most of the demos have reduced functionality in the most unpretentious ways. And it is right - spend time on cleverness :) of course it is possible to protect, but only if you like the process.

Reason: