Promotion of indicators

On the occasion of posting the indicator on the marketplace, tried to put myself in the customer's shoes. It was a terrible shock :)). I understood that there is no chance for him to find the most useful and necessary (i.e. my indicator :) ) indicator. It's not that I did not understand before that there will be no turnover without promotion, it's just that the previous indicators were placed at the very beginning of the Market and there was a hope that they would be noticed in the process of getting familiar with the Market itself, simply because the offer is still small. And then somehow it was forgotten.

The problem is that writing indicators and promoting them are two different things. And both take time. And both talents are not always present in an indicator writer in the same way :).

The problem with experts is immeasurably simpler. The matter is not even that there is a special service for their promotion (Signals). The main thing is that the customers look for Expert Advisors on their own. It is easy and enjoyable to look for an Expert Advisor :). There are so many good people who are concerned about your well-being, and they have practically solved this problem for you. :))

Not so with the new indicators. The client won't look for them himself, simply because he doesn't know he needs them.

In short, it seems to me that some additional opportunities are needed to attract PR agents. After all, MQ are interested in selling the indicators as much as the authors.

You can argue that there is already an opportunity to receive a commission from sales. But in the case of the indicators, there is the same problem: the potential PR agent has no idea what good indicators are in the depths of marketing. In addition, in order to promote a new indicator, you will have to create new PR content, which is much more than simple distribution. In addition, some indicators are not that cheap and the agent needs a full-featured version to demonstrate their use in trading on a regular basis.

What I'm getting at is that it would be nice to allow the author to have several privileged partners. For example, to be able to assign them a special price for the product and give them a higher commission.The MetaQuotes ID could beused for this.

The second important point is finding a PR agent. Maybe you could make such a section in Freelance? Because now the announcement "I'm looking for PR agent" there firstly will be offtopic, and secondly, potential PR-agents just do not look there. Meanwhile it's freelance, because you can't do without close cooperation between author and agent, at least not in the beginning.

And the third suggestion should be clear without much argumentation: maybe for the indicators we should add the ability to specify an additional category, like in the terminal: trend, oscillator, etc.?

By the way, I just noticed that the product has already appeared on the website, but not in the terminal yet. That is, the product is now in a prominent place near the beginning of the list of new products, but it cannot be downloaded. And when you can download it, the most prominent places will be occupied by other products (which also cannot be downloaded yet). Wouldn't it be better for the product to appear in the terminal earlier than on the website? I think staying at the beginning of the list of new products for indicators is perhaps the only chance for them to be noticed :))

What's the problem with making a showcase of your products and promoting them on your website? Order to promote the website to get a turnover.

In general, I got the impression that the affiliate system is not working (no commission for purchases),

or do not buy anything from what is on my affiliate link

or those who click on my links buy something else

Attractions around 1000 and not a single purchase,

here's an example of attracting on widget for disperseddeposit 26 of them not a single purchase

maybe not enough is 26? )

after all, a market is just a marketplace,

you could compare it to a supermarket

We don't just take what we can find, but what the TV zombie channel has advertised.)

but "advertising is the engine of commerce."

sanyooooook:

What's the problem with making a showcase of your products and promoting them on your website? Order to promote the site to get a turnover.

In general, I got the impression that the affiliate system is not working (no commission for purchases),

or do not buy anything from what is on my affiliate link

or those who click on my links buy something else

Attractions around 1000 and not a single purchase,

here's an example of attracting on widget for disperseddeposit 26 of them not a single purchase

maybe not enough is 26? )

differently
Files:

deskipper:
differently
So 26 is still a bit small.)

sanyooooook:

After all the market is just a marketplace,

you could compare it to a supermarket

We do not just take what we can find, but what is advertised on zombie TV )

But "advertising is the engine of commerce".

What was the first encountered, we also take, but publicized, of course, more often. But if you do not PR and hide it away, then there is no chance :).

I do not want to create a web site just for a few of my own indicators, let alone spend money on promotion :), the indicators are not Expert Advisors. I do not write commercial Expert Advisors. In general, the site is just the task for PR-agents.

As for the buying - attracting ratio, I don't have any statistics. I can say that one of my indicators has 4 demo downloads and one long, the other has 5 demo downloads and 2 long. Both of them have 3 of my own demo downloads :) - After the release of the Market on MT4 I checked if the terminal finally started working with demo indicators. Total, relative to demo downloads 100% efficiency. But I have the best indicators :)))

sanyooooook:
So 26 is still a bit small.)
There's a little nuance here... The thing is that the buyer can follow your link from one device and make a purchase from another, then the link you posted will not work for you. And it is not known whether the cookie is overwritten when you click on another affiliate link? If so, is it possible that the sellers of expensive products with high profit margin offer your referred customers to make a purchase using their link? That's the example in the screenshot. about the product is silent, just a strange pattern that after my advertising it appears in the sales hit, but I have zero purchases. So questions to the administration on the affiliate program is.

deskipper:
There's a little nuance here... The point is that a customer can click on your link from one device and make a purchase from another, in which case the link you've placed won't work for you.

it's understandable and it's not to be liked in the MQ affiliate

12144 clicks on links - output = 0 Service Desk application from#1022081|2014.06.03 08:37 , At that time there were 10,000 clicks )))))))

server:
12144 hits on links - output = 0 Service Desk request from#1022081|2014.06.03 08:37 , At that time there were 10,000 hits )))))))
what did servicedesk say?
Reason: