How many pips does a profitable EA earn per day and a successful trader - page 9

Petros:

I don't know why you are so interested in the number of pips. For the purpose of evaluating a trade, the number of pips has nothing to do with it !

Here's an example: The 1st trader opens 1 order with a lot of 10.0 for EUR/USD. The value of one pip would be $100. He closes it near 12 pips and gets a profit: 1 x $100 x 12 = $1200.

The 2ndtrader opens 10 orders at 0.5 lots. The price of a pip will be $5.0. All orders are closed in the area of 12 points and get the profit: 10 x $5.0 x 12 = $600.

It appears that the 1st trader has 12 points, and the 2nd trader has 120 points. What do you get out of it?

When I wrote that, I thought it would be clear even to a 5th grader, but it is not so and some people are still discussing this topic.

Petros:

I don't know why you are so interested in the number of pips. For the purpose of evaluating a trade, the number of pips has nothing to do with it !

Here's an example: The 1st trader opens 1 order with a lot of 10.0 for EUR/USD. The value of one pip would be $100. He closes it near 12 pips and gets a profit: 1 x $100 x 12 = $1200.

The 2ndtrader opens 10 orders at 0.5 lots. The price of a pip will be $5.0. All orders are closed in the area of 12 points and get the profit: 10 x $5.0 x 12 = $600.

It turns out that the 1st trader has 12 points, and the 2nd trader has 120 points. What do you get out of it?

And the second trader's system showed better results! Let's assume that both traders have the same deposit size.

The first trader earned more money only due to greatly increased risk Having conducted one trade with a large lot 10.0, and earned only 12 pips, which came out to $1200 in money.

The second trader spent 10 trades with much! less risk (specifically, 20! times less) and earned as much as 120 points, while earning money to the amount only 2! times less than the first trader
Accordingly, based on the risk-profit ratio the second system exceeds the first one by 10 times! That is by exactly as many points as more points have been earned. So points is quite an objective indicator

I think it's clear even to a 5th-grade schoolboy...

nowi:
It means that the second trader's system showed better results! Let's assume that both traders have the same size deposit.

The first trader made more money only at the expense of greatly increased risk Having conducted one trade with a large lot 10.0, and earned only 12 pips, which came out to $1200 in money.

The second trader spent 10 trades with much! less risk (specifically, 20! times less) and earned as much as 120 points, while earning money to the amount only 2! times less than the first trader
Accordingly, based on the risk-profit ratio the second system exceeds the first one by 10 times! That is by exactly the number of points earned. That's why the points are quite an objective indicator

I think it's clear even to a 5th-grade schoolboy...

And if you knew how scalping worked and how you could apply it and make a profit, you could understand the opposite.

A big lot does not mean that you open an order and wait a whole day, or a whole hour to lose everything, and close the order after a few pips.

Petros:

And if you knew how scalping worked and how you could apply it and make a profit, you could also understand the opposite.

A big lot does not mean that you open an order and wait a whole day, or a whole hour to lose everything, and close the order after a few pips.

Maybe you can give me an example when the opposite is true and the risk does not increase proportionally to the lot?

The real question is what kind of scalping in forex can we talk about?

nowi:
Maybe you can give us an example when it is possible to understand the opposite and when the risk does not increase in proportion to the lot?

If you know what scalping or pipsing is in forex, look it up.
If you do not know what scalping or pipsing is in forex, look it up.

Petros:
If you don't know what scalping or pipsing is in forex, look it up.
I see, you can't say anything of substance...

and you can't refute my arguments either...

nowi:
I see. You can't say anything of substance...

you can't refute my arguments either...

And you would read what scalping is and then come here. I have a kind of scalping in one of my 4 real accounts.

Briefly: you open an order with a big lot, and after a fewminutes (even seconds) it closes with a value of 1 to 15 pips, both plus and minus.

nowi:
Maybe you can give me an example when the opposite is true and the risk does not increase proportionally to the lot?

What kind of scalping can we talk about? Scalping is usually done with a market glass. The Forex market does not have one (what it has is not).
No way... 1 lot stop 10 four digits risk 100 grn

lot 0.1 stop 200 four digits, risk 200 grn

The risk is marked with the word risk and expressed in dollars.

What are you talking about?

but if you systematically take 5 losses with a lot to get a decent move...

why..... you deleted my last post????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll answer it again!

IvanIvanov, 2014.09.20 15:10

No, you... 1 lot stop 10 quadruple digits risk 100 mrn.

lot 0.1 stop 200 four digits, risk 200 grn

the risk is marked with the word risk and expressed in dollars

what are you talking about?

I don't know what you're talking about, but if you take 5 systematic losses and get a decent move with a lot, then it's OK...

Did you do any maths at school? I don't think so...

the probability of reaching a 10 pips stop is 20 times higher than a 200 pips stop and the risk will still be proportional to the lot size!!! In this case, 0.1 lot will be 10 times less than 1.0 lot

in this case, the risk will be 10 times less than in case of a 1.0 lot: Just take into account the probability of losing $10 each time you lose 10 times, or $100 each time.
Reason: