How many pips does a profitable EA earn per day and a successful trader - page 6

izzatilla:

Who is he? All successful traders are billionaires. But your numbers are much better than what I cited - why not make a deposit or publish your signal. As they say, the drowning man's salvation is in the hands of the drowning man.

My best wishes,

IzaTrade

Thank you for the appreciation of my performance, but it is better to wait with the publication, until we get meaningful results, because it is only the promotion of the account

IvanIvanov:
And the question is, when you talk about points, are you talking about five digits or four digits?

The men in black haven't come yet.) I'm talking about four digits.

I think there are traders as well as advisors who have opened a GBPUSD sell trade at 1.7150 and are holding their sales so far, probably will exit those positions on Monday, for example at 1.6300. If I'm not mistaken that's about 850 pips in 44 days, which adds up to about 19-20 pips a day.

You want to measure a strategy in pips per day, i.e. every day you close one day on the plus side and it is not achievable in principle because such a superstability cannot be achieved.

you want to measure the strategy in pips per day, that is, every DAY to close in the black and this is basically unattainable because there is no such a superstability

f2011:

Why not 1.77%, not 2/1.5, not 24.5% ? Can you show me the calculations for these figures? Been begging for these formulas for 5 years now - no one anywhere ever... The blackest forex secret

Asked about calculations of load and deposit growth. I am attaching the screenshots for your reference.

nowi:
i.e. the real question is how many pips per day? the success of a trading strategy is largely determined by its stability, while stability is measured as a percentage per year. why? because it implies that even a good profitable strategy may have losing months. i.e. its stability is measured in years! a single month says little about the system as a whole. there are such talented traders like Gehrchik, who allegedly has not had a single losing month for many years! but that's a rarity

you want to measure the strategy in pips per day, that is, every DAY to close on the plus side.

Dearnowi,

First of all, thank you for your post.

If you think the question is dumb - then why would such an omniscient person like you participate in this dibilism. Also why do you use the words "stability is measured as a rule by % per annum.", if you are so sure - why not use the words "necessarily or strictly" instead of "as a rule". There are enough critics as it is, if you don't like it go away, I won't be offended. On the subject of profitable strategies I agree, but the purpose of the topic is to know the limits in pips and nothing more.

I do agree, but the purpose of the topic is to know the limits of pips and nothing more,

izzatilla:

Dearnowi,

First of all, thank you for your post.

If you think the question is moronic - then why would you, such an all-knowing person, want to participate in this dibilism. Also why do you use the words "stability is measured as a rule % per annum.", if you are so sure - then why not use "necessarily or strictly" instead of "as a rule". There are enough critics as it is, if you don't like it go away, I won't be offended. On the subject of profitable strategies I agree, but the purpose of the topic is to know the limits in pips and nothing more.

Respectfully,

i'm bored...... want to chat, plus the desire to express an opinion, and for the rating is not bad, although i do not particularly strive for it

nowi:
bored me...... want to chat, plus a desire to express my opinion, and it's not bad for ratings, although I'm not particularly keen on that
Thanks for the sincere reply. In my experience you are the first brave one here!

As for pips per day - as I see it, an approximate 100 pips is both a good target and realistically achievable in a day (without limiting or strictly speaking). Who has an opinion? I would be grateful

izzatilla:
For the pips per day - my opinion is that approximate 100 pips is both a good and realistic target for the day (we are not limiting ourselves or saying strictly). Who has an opinion? I would be grateful.

I don't know why you are so interested in the number of pips. For the purpose of evaluating a trade, the number of pips has nothing to do with it !

Here's an example: The 1st trader opens 1 order with a lot of 10.0 for EUR/USD. The value of one pip would be $100. He closes it near 12 pips and gets a profit: 1 x $100 x 12 = $1200.

The 2ndtrader opens 10 orders at 0.5 lots. The price of a pip will be $5.0. All orders are closed in the area of 12 points and get the profit: 10 x $5.0 x 12 = $600.

It appears that the 1st trader has 12 points, and the 2nd trader has 120 points. What do you get out of it?

Reason: