Martingale and anti-martingale. - page 9

Moderators!
Kill this thread for the sake of humanity! (Preferably the topicstarter along with it, so others won't be littering the forum).
The thread is already 8 pages long. The topic announced topikstartera, and remotely he had not opened. Out of his 20 posts on the thread not a single one has any meaningful content (like most of his posts on the forum). I believe the existence of such threads on a serious forum and not in the "flood", "trindelka" section as a manifestation of disrespect for forum participants.

SWA:
Moderators!
Kill this thread for the sake of humanity! (Preferably the topicstarter with it, that others were not cluttering up the forum).
The thread is already 8 pages long. The topic announced topikstartera, and remotely he had not opened. Out of his 20 posts on the thread not a single one has any meaningful content (like most of his posts on the forum). I believe the existence of such threads on a serious forum and not in the "flood", "trindelka" section as a manifestation of disrespect for forum participants.

Be jealous in silence.

Contact Service Desk with this issue, but don't spam the place.

SWA:
Moderators!
Kill this thread for the sake of humanity! (Preferably the topicstarter with it, so it won't be a habit for others to litter the forum).

Read the rules of the forum, namely "actions, including acts of omission by moderators are not discussed". All have already been executed, pardoned.

Get ready to be banned for violating forum rules.

Theoretically, martin is a grail, but only for a crazy deposit. Who can calculate the necessary deposit for one pair so that it will survive from the historical highs and lows. It is desirable to have a pair with minimal spread. Lot 0.01.

MIG32:
Theoretically, martin is a grail, but for a huge deposit. Who is able to calculate the necessary deposit for one pair, so that it can withstand the historical highs and lows? It is desirable to have a pair with minimal spread. The lot is 0.01.

Somewhere in a neighbouring thread, I asked what a martin is, who understands it... So the most reasonable answer is roughly "Martingale became a generic name, and therefore, any more or less risky strategy using averaging or increasing the lot are called a martin" ...

If one uses the averaging, I agree that one needs a huge deposit and the profit may take more than one year. But there are reasonable varieties of strategies with increasing lot, i.e. martingale, which do not require such a large deposit as for averaging. So, "if you do not like cats, you just do not know how to cook them".

There seems to be no ambiguity here - a martingale is a doubling of a bet after a loss. Redundancy or tripling or quadrupling are its variants.

Adding up to a losing position - averaging - is a separate entity. It may be with or without martingale; it does not relate to it as well as to a profit position

About martingale, pure logic: for 5 (for example) doubles you need 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 = 63 of your standard lots. That is, when you enter with 1 lot, you are so disbelieving your signal for this entry that you are using 1 / 63 = 1.6% of your money allotted for one trade. No matter how many doubles happen, the winnings (sum of series gains and losses) will in any case correspond not to 3/7/15/31/63 lots, but only 1 = 1.6% of the possible. I.e. >98% of the money you risk is not profitable even with a winning series. But if 5 doublings are not enough, then the loss will be equal to all 63 lots involved (100%)

The conclusion from this logic: martinging is wildly harmful to a profitable strategy, because the efficiency of using the money you are willing to risk < 2%. For unprofitable TS it is useless, because it is unprofitable, because the number of losses is greater than the number of profits and so the planned number of knees will be exceeded by definition. How soon depends on luck and the number of knees

f2011:
There seems to be no ambiguity here - a martingale is a doubling of a bet after a loss. Redundancy or tripling or quadrupling are its variants.

Adding up to a losing position - averaging - is a separate entity. It may be with or without martingale; it does not apply to it as well as to a profit position

These words prove that there are as many opinions as there are people. I do not really care how to understand martingale varieties, averaging, etc... The only thing I have no doubts about is not to impose your point of view on others. (without any innuendo whatsoever).

AlexeyVik:
The only thing I have no doubts about is not imposing your point of view on others. (Without any innuendo).

Are you talking about the definition of martingale or its evaluation? If you're talking about valuation - I agree with you 100 percent, everyone gets their own point of view for their money.

If about the definition - it was hammered out about 300 years ago and recorded in the dictionary: To play the martingale is to always bet all that was lost. To understand what we are talking about it is worth calling things by their proper names - after all, life would be easier

Shared the results of testing a super new avalanche-like EAhere.
Лавина - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Лавина - MQL4 форум

khorosh:
Shared the results of testing a super new avalanche-like EA here.
Hi ! post the eh4 file , let's have a look.
Reason: