Why do signal and advisor sellers sell their products and not use them themselves? - page 6

Good afternoon everyone. I will say this, those trading systems which are sold and in demand, they are just trading systems! Hence, they are suitable for some people and not for others. This can be explained simply by the principle of what a person is trading, stocks or futures. This is one criterion. The second criterion is that if a person who uses a trading system, no matter yours or someone else's, thinks that it should bring profit, he is wrong, because no one trades one system for 5-7 years, for example. And in vain. We have learned that there are a lot of trading systems, and the fact that they need to be improved and adapted to one's own trading is another thing. That man who sells it, he thinks it is successful, because it has all the most advanced data from the reports of indicators, oscillators and informative dealing, which only exist. You can say it works, yes it does and yes it is effective. But, the fact that it is based on a later period is not taken into account. If you decide to trade with purchased trading system, modify it, modify it to suit you. You used to trade before, and now, you are either bored or you want more and faster profits, and you have decided this is the way out. This is also a mistake. And the third option concludes it all, so that the trading system does not plummet ALL, do not need to open an order and make a deal on EVERYTHING. Leave it for a rainy day. In case the strategy is "bogus".

Zeleniy:

I'm just stating my opinion, no need, I'll post it on another resource, here's the problem found.
Not so proud and smug there.

I quite support the fact that most people who are trying to "make money" on any kind of financial exchange, at the moment working from a longshoreman to a sales rep. and thus they do not know the subject, they just want to carry the message. And yes I do not understand how these people have chosen such a serious industry and treat it so mediocrely. They really are clowns.

Aleksey Rodionov:
I don't get it, so to speak, selling golden grails, if the strategy works why sell it? So it turns out it doesn't mean it's perfect and can drain everything, then why sell it if it's a sinker? I do not buy only because of this, if they sell it, it means it is not a quality product, and a profitable really working system - no one will sell it.

And who says they don't?
I use a large, versatile robot in my trading. Its functionality is very close to that of the one on the Market. It trades very successfully and those who want to trade can easily find my monitoring of real accounts. There is one trick: The description of each of the monitored accounts says: Trading Mode - Semi-Automatic. The same is written in the description of the product I offered in the Market.
But!
Demand for semi-automatic machines is zero. Everyone wants money, but they want to turn on their brains - such traders are a distinct minority. For this simple reason I do not offer anything else in the Market. I do not want to offer "hawls" aimed at grabbing money out of pockets of naive Pinocchio. And no one is interested in serious works (BigUniversal has a menu for 3 screens).

Aleksey Rodionov: "Even if the system stably generates 5% per annum, with some manipulation you can increase profit at times.
My answer: Even if an Expert Advisor stably earns more than 50-100% a year and has everything needed for easy manipulation (graphical interface) - no one is interested in it. In my past life I put up five of these. 2-3 months rent, that's all I took from it.

Vasyl Temchenko #:

And who says they don't?
I use a large, versatile robot in my trading. Its functionality is very close to that of the one on the Market. It trades very successfully and those who want to trade can easily find my monitoring of real accounts. There is one trick: The description of each of the monitored accounts says: Trading Mode - Semi-Automatic. The same is written in the description of the product I offered in the Market.
But!
Demand for semi-automatic machines is zero. Everyone wants money, but they want to turn on their brains - such traders are a distinct minority. For this simple reason I do not offer anything else in the Market. I do not want to offer "hawls" aimed at grabbing money out of pockets of naive Pinocchio. And serious works (BigUniversal has a menu for 3 screens) no one is interested there.

Aleksey Rodionov: "Even if the system stably generates 5% per annum, with some manipulation you can increase the profit at times.
My answer: Even if an Expert Advisor stably earns more than 50-100% a year and has everything needed for easy manipulation (graphical interface) - no one is interested in it. In my past life I put up five of these. 2-3 month leases, that's all I took from it.

I've analysed this topic too. All well-selling Expert Advisors with subscriptions to signals working on these EAs are semi-automatic. To attract customers, we use a catch phrase "switch on and forget about it", so we cannot do without it. People buy EAs but they work only with constantly upgraded settings (i.e., optimization) that good faith vendors deliver to their customers through closed channels. This is the semi-automatic. It seems to me in the logical chain Trade Idea-Advisor-Optimization, it is optimization that carries the most weight. It is correct optimization that yields profit. It cannot be disposable. Not at all.

Vladimir Gulakov #:

I have also analyzed this topic. All wellselling Expert Advisors with subscribers on signals are semi-automatic, and they are based on these EAs. To attract buyers, you have to turn it on and forget about it, as you can't do without it. People buy EAs but they work only with constantly upgraded settings (i.e., optimization) that good faith vendors deliver to their customers through closed channels. That's what a semi-automatic is.

The hell knows what's best; if you optimise, they say you tweak; if you don't, they say you don't improve.

And why does a car factory owner hail himself a taxi, why does a trolleybus driver take a tram to the park, why can't a fish live without air and a man without water?

Vladimir Gulakov #:

I have also analyzed this topic. All wellselling Expert Advisors with subscribers on signals based on these Expert Advisors are semi-automatic. To attract buyers, you have to turn it on and forget about it, as you can't do without it. People buy EAs but they work only with constantly upgraded settings (i.e., optimization) that good faith vendors deliver to their customers through closed channels. That's what a semi-automated EA is.

Yes, it is. You can't go far on a fully automated system. And without periodic optimisation, you certainly won't.
As for the settings, I prefer another model:
- I suggest the basic settings for the basic instruments.
- I ask traders to switch on their brains, watch the charts not only for 5-15 minutes, but also H4 - D1 on a regular basis, respectively, to timely press the Buy/Sell button. Open in both directions, counting on the "robot will take away", this is a sure way to the downside.
- The trading robot will take them out, it is a sure way to the downside.

Volodymyr Zubov #:
Why does the owner of a car factory call himself a taxi, why does a trolleybus driver take a tram to the park, why can't a fish live without air, and why can't a man live without water?

You must remember the story when the director of AvtoZAZ came to work in a Mercedes. How many questions were asked of him at the time...

Aleksey Rodionov:
I don't understand, so to speak, selling golden grails, if the strategy works why sell it? So it turns out that it means it's not perfect and it may fail everything, then why sell it if it's a sinker? I do not buy only because of this, if they sell it, it means it is not a quality product, and a profitable really working system - no one will sell it.

Even if the system consistently produces 5% p.a., with some manipulation it is possible to increase profits many times over.

Because it is a way to make money.

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

You must remember the story when the director of AvtoZAZ came to work in a Mercedes. How many questions were asked of him at the time...

No way... that's political bullshit. If they were criticizing him, there was only one good reason - someone really needed to get his job. Zaporozhets is a kind of analog of Beetle, it is focused on quite specific sector of consumers. I would cease to respect a director of AvtoZAZ, if he really moved to Zaporozhets, it would immediately show that he is a window dresser.
There is no direct analogy between robots and cars. But still...
1. Who says that Seller is obliged to build only one class of robots? Unlike automobile factories, Seller has the ability to produce robots of all classes, from microlitras, to executive class cars.
2. Having a choice of which of their own products to use, who says they have to "drive" a micro-car? However, no matter what they sit on, they may always say: "Why don't you use this one?
3. Even monitoring of the real accounts of the robots offered in the Market is another matter. It has to be. But - I wrote about it in another thread - there is absolutely no guarantee that this monitoring is honest. The robot in the account may be working for something other than the one listed there. There is no way to check this, we can only guess/guess by comparing the nature of the graphs on Signals and Backtest.

Reason: