I urgently need 2 robots. one is trending and the other is flat. - page 10

Or wait ... maybe it will :) ... that's a really good idea.

Hi foim,

The indicator is already herehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/code/1519 , so the switch on is now a matter of technique, so to speak. Either make it yourself or wait ...

AbsoluteStrengthMarket
AbsoluteStrengthMarket
  • votes: 13
  • Igor Durkin
  • www.mql5.com
Ленточный индикатор, определяющий состояние рынка с помощью индикатора AbsoluteStrength.

Oh, come on, man, why don't you get a star in the sky?

asd.3155:
Oh, come on, man, why don't you get a star in the sky?
Is this about me? I'm really thinking - in the English-language mql5 I opened a topic on this topic and there are already 15 pages. The indicator really detects market conditions. But we need an enabler. That is, Expert Advisors: if it is flat, then Expert Advisors that work with the flat trend are switched on; if there is a trend following, then Expert Advisors that work with the trend are switched on; if there is a secondary trend (correction, for example), then Expert Advisors that work against the trend are switched on, etc.). This is an old idea to make such a switch. It was never implemented for MT4 ... I hope they will do it for MT5.

newdigital:
Is this about me? I am a real thinker - in English mql5 I opened a thread on this topic and there are already 15 pages there. The indicator really detects market conditions. But we need an enabler. In other words, we need an Expert Advisor: if it is flat, then Expert Advisors that work with the trend are switched on; if there is a trend following, then Expert Advisors that work against the trend are switched on; if there is a secondary trend (correction, for example), then Expert Advisors that work against the trend are switched on, etc.). This is an old idea to make such a switch. It was never implemented for MT4 ... I hope they will do it for MT5.
So, there is no difficulty. We may make at least a thousand of toggles for different TS, and not only for two. :)

tol64:
So, there is no difficulty at all. We may do at least a thousand of turning actions for different TS, not only for two. :)

Couldn't do it on MT4 ... the idea is old, but requires a lot of resources (and some money sorry). When it started with the idea about 5 years ago - I had 5 dedicated servers with 100 trading EAs. And it was still difficult. I just hope to be able to do it on MT5. And I mean practical implementation, not some tool that takes a long time to think how to use. Besides, there is also the problem of classifying Expert Advisors in CodeBase by types of counter trading, trend following, scalping and so on.

Theoretically, yes, I agree, it's not difficult to make an inclusion tool (in mql4 even codes for all market conditions are already known for that indicator). But it's not so easy with almost all Expert Advisors (we have to turn something on).

There's also the problem of how to take reports - by pairs separately, by 4 diginal pips and by dollars, by all EAs separately, etc. True - this has already been solved for MT4. All we have to do now is to translate it to MT5.

Another thing, brokers have different quotes. It means that we will have an inclusion according to their chosen Expert Advisors and their own inclusion. I.e., for broker №1 - inclusion №1 on their own EAs (CodeBase + Market + private + their own EAs). And so for any interested broker.

That is, there is a normal external funding. And, I think so - from the brokers.

Why for MT5, and not to continue on MT4? Because MT5 is a new platform. And you always want to get ahead of the locomotive, sorry. :)

That's why it didn't work right away.

newdigital:

Theoretically - yes, I agree, it's not hard to make an inclusion (in mql4 even the codes for all market states are already known by that indicator). But with almost all Expert Advisors (something has to be switched on) - it is not easy.

And on what condition do the TSs switch? They all trade virtually, and switch to real trading when they start to show virtual profit?

by market conditions. That is - if it is flat or ranging - then scalpers, martingales for example, work. And so on. The problem here is how to classify EAs:

• looking at their reports with profits as if comparing them with the market conditions on those pairs/timeframes at that moment, or
  • looking at the code, or
  • theoretically as I'm doing in this comment ...

The first could be implemented programmatically, but this would not be very clear to ordinary users (newbies). The second one, too. I like the third one better - it is less expensive. For example, the famous Phoenix Expert Advisor that participated in some MT4 championship here - evolved from the famous Firebird that, in its turn, evolved from Pakistani DayTrading. And all these are counter trend Expert Advisors (trading against the trend, i.e. - using the secondary trend as correction and bear market rally). But here, then, signal providers and sellers in the markets must somehow identify their products by market conditions ... and here the problem is - not everyone can and will do it.

Reason: