Winning the forex. - page 5

And anyway, why should Forex be defeated? You have to get along with it and become one. We are not trying to beat the earth, we are just growing all sorts of plants and animals on it.

For instance, you may use a ball to control the market (in this case), but not the market.
the shakers are similar to high-frequency robots, they, by pouring bids into the glass, provoke movements. In forex this is not applicable, there is no centralisation, although you can always come up with something, but this is a game with the DTs.

I apologise for the errors, I'm writing on the phone and my fingers are thick)

223231:
exit is no different than entering

You're probably still at the beginning of your journey, aren't you? (as a trader). Getting out is an art :) unlike entering

vspexp:

You're probably still at the beginning of your journey, aren't you? (as a trader). Correct exit is an art :) unlike entry

This is unlikely)

The goal of any system is to create a statistical advantage, which can be created (as an example of entries/exits) either with a 50% probability of entry, or with a 50% probability of entry, but with more than 50% probability of exit. Either use both. If we do not use gridlocks, each entry assumes a future price movement and opens a position based on that.
An exit is exactly the same as an entry. When closing a position, you assume that the price will not move further. Again you make a prediction about where the price will go. The methods may differ slightly, but there are no major differences.

I wouldn't say entry is rubbish, exit is art. if one or the other is outnumbered, there will be profit. you can make a random entry but a great exit and make money, or you can make a great entry and a random exit and also make money. I have a system where the exit is 4 hours after the entrance (adjustable time), that is, the exit is basically random, and the entrance based on primitive forecasts, and yet it can last a year with the same parameters and earn. I was just writing to test ideas, one of which was the subject of our argument.

I don't take demo strategists into account

223231:

The goal of any system is to create a statistical preponderance, which can be created (as an example of inputs/outputs) either by an input with more than 50% probability, or with a 50% input but an output with more than 50% probability. Either use both. If you do not use gridlocks, each entry assumes a future price movement and opens a position based on it.
The exit is exactly the same as the entry. By closing the position you assume that the price will not go further. Again, you make a prediction about where the price will go. The methods may differ slightly, but there are no major differences.

the purpose of my system is to create a source of income.

i am ready to close a position on a pullback, taking a part and leaving the right to re-enter, and i believe the exit is not the same as the entrance, because prices have not only trends, but also periods of high volatility and saw-tooth movement - when the signals change frequently.

Again, I consider short-term intraday trading, and closing after 4 hours is ridiculous to me, because the immediate question is - why not after 3.5 or 2 hours?

223231:
exit is no different from entry) only buttons. If it's easy to find the entry, the exit is just as easy to find.

But if the system is just a trend system, then a good picture on the chart is enough to enter.

But to exit, you have to solve several problems:

If the price goes down, when do I close?

1. too hard stop - high probability of being hit and the signal may eventually trigger.

2. to hold it longer, or it may be a reversal and the loss may have been taken for nothing.

If it is in the black, then

1. Hold the price too tightly - do not allow the full potential of the movement to unfold

2. Set the trawl too far ahead: let profits grow, but at the same time, lose a very large part of the accumulated profit on the reversal.

agree that in this light it is much easier to enter based on a pretty picture...

vspexp:

the purpose of my system is to create a source of income.

I am ready to close a trade on a pullback, taking a part, leaving the right to enter again, and I believe that exit is not the same as entry, because price has not only trends, but also periods of high volatility and sawtooth movement - when there are frequent changes in signals.

Again, I consider short-term intraday trading, and closing after 4 hours is ridiculous to me, because the immediate question is why not after 3.5 or 2 hours?

We are talking about the same thing, someone just does not understand. You can fix part of the profit, you can close all of it, or you can wait out inconvenient moments.
4 hours, because that's how long the volatility peaks.

nowi:

But if the system is just a trend system, then a good picture on the chart is enough to enter.

But to exit, you have to solve several problems:

If the price goes down, when do I close?

1. too hard stop - high probability of being hit and the signal may eventually trigger.

2. to hold it longer, or it may be a reversal and the loss may have been taken for nothing.

If it is in the black, then

1. Hold the price too tightly - do not allow the full potential of the movement to unfold

2. Set the trawl too far ahead: let profits grow, but at the same time, lose a very large part of the accumulated profit on the reversal.

agree that in this light it is much easier to enter based on a pretty picture...

If you have a nice picture to enter, it means you think you know where the market will go. And now let's imagine we opened a position and saw a nice picture (i.e., we are sure of further movement), so exit by it! No matter whether you took profit or loss.
For example, trailing does not give any statistic advantage, if you don't take necessary parameters from the market. And this is the analysis, and the same data can be used for entering.
Reason: