Suppose the Grail is made, how do you promote sales? - page 3

TheXpert:

If there is a grail, a little active publicity will provide both investors and investment. Not only that, but it is not certain that they will be needed at all.

So :) there are doubts about the grail.

And right doubts. There is no grail by definition. I was referring to the Grail figuratively.

I have two types of machines - one for professionals - menu on 2.5 screens of FULL-HD monitor, but very flexible in settings and can do everything. It assumes active participation of the trader in trading. He is the main trader in the pair, he sets one or another algorithm and/or trading mode, and after that the robot does all the hard work that is beyond human control. On the long term, these types of robots are not only profitable, but also super profitable. But it does not print its own money.

The second type is almost full automatons. From the very beginning - full ones, customized for a certain instrument. Then I give them (for free) the version with settings available. I give it to him, making sure he can set it up himself. This machine steadily yields profitability of about 2.5-3.5. But this is not a grid or martin, they do not gain ten or fifteen new points, this is a dead-end way that only looks good in the tester. Normal machines running the original algorithm.

As for WHY I will put good machines in the Market, everything is very simple - I lost six figures when Broco went bankrupt, and then, being totally depressed, I dumped the rest in the second wave of gold collapse. And because I strictly adhere to the principle "work on Forex only with what I earn", my financial (not life) state today is deplorable. So I decided to sell a dozen pieces to get a decent start.

MigVRN:

The presenter of the column/organiser of the championship will advertise and guarantee someone else's product. The guarantee will be based on reputation. What will become of the resource's reputation after 2-3 of such championships, you can imagine better than I can, because the number of winners of stable profitable EAs will be much less than the number of those, who have caught the moment of strategies based on two wipes :) And the resource will come to an end because of the buyers shouting in the style of "What did I paid my money for? It's leaking!!!! Championship shit!!!".

Signal service is a VERY sophisticated system. If anything is missing, it is for the sake of extending the life of the service and the safety of all who participate in it.

All IMHO...

Uh, no... that's where you're wrong.
The presenter must never promote anyone. Total ironclad impartiality. It should be his duty to maintain order in the relevant forum thread and warm up the public in a situation where interest has waned. And what we haven't got in Signals - there should be at least a summary rating table that evaluates the EAs according to their qualitative parameters, 3 of which I have indicated at the beginning of the topic. That's all. And then the authors of Grails show what their miracles can do in fact on a relatively long time interval. As I suggested, it would be optimal to make this contest annual, dividing it into 4 quarterly phases, allowing a limited number of participants to pass to the next round. But not three or ten - more at first, and let's say 10 of the best contestants be admitted to the final round.

At this term, all the random will be eliminated by itself, I think that those who passed in the third round in the majority will be dsotono to be paid for them.

And - understand correctly - I'm not here about any vested interests. I have nothing for sale yet, will be, but later. Just making an offer that I think useful. If they decide not to - so be it.

pako:

Smart and poor?

I wasn't talking about me. Although I do not have the best situation with money allocated for forex trading right now. In any case I will not take any "non-budgetary" money - I must earn here what I trade with.

As for "smart and poor", in most cases this is the case. Smart people tend to suffer from a lack of enterprise. Having intelligence does not at all mean having entrepreneurial ability. Slightly different things. Although it is certainly not compulsory for an entrepreneur to have an ordinary mind. But of a slightly different kind, focused on other things.

To wrap up the topic, I would like to suggest a specific form for organising such a Championship:

- The formula for the tournament should be taken from Alpari, which is optimal in my opinion.
- an organizing part on MT5 portal forum. Their contest is not very good, but it is the only contest I know, that is not held in complete silence
- The rating system should be combined from the PAMM/LAMM monitoring of the Akmos accounts (GC Forex Club) and Alpari
- The trading conditions must accurately correspond to real trading conditions, i.e., commissions and other attractions (such as steeplejacks and extremely wide spreads at the end of a trading session ) should be present.
- It is very desirable to run not a demo, but a real ECN quote of a well-known brokerage company. Everything should be 1:1 as in the real trade.

If the owners of the resource offer is not interested - close the subject.

Programmer96:

There are, by definition, no such things as grails.

And once again, there's no such thing as grails :)

You can give such Expert Advisors to successful traders - who are willing to risk ten or a hundred quid to test the system.

If you do not know how to use them, then you should ask your trader to give you the password.

at least on a demo account and give them the investor password - so they can see that the Expert Advisor works.

Programmer96:

To wrap up the topic, I can suggest a specific form for organising such a championship:

If the resource owners are not interested in the proposal - close the topic.

Such a proposal has already been made: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/13936

I haven't heard any responses from the organisers...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Championship on Signals

VNIK, 2013.09.13 07:19

I have already made many proposals to organize a Championship on Signals but MQ has not reacted to them. It would be interesting to compare the statistics with the same initial data and additional advertising to the signals would be useful in this case.

Maybe run a poll to complete the picture?

TheXpert:

If there is a grail, a little active publicity will provide both investors and investment. Not only that, but it is not certain that they will be needed at all.

Sane investors will not buy into a tester's grail. And Market is slowly tightening the rules. See https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/20414/page6

niveru

Programmer96:

Warranties from the seller must of course be in place. But only guarantees that the description corresponds to the actual performance of the machine. There can be no other guarantees, unless the robot is a complete machine. In all other cases the following statement is true: in the hands of a fool, the most perfect machine can easily become a tool for killing the deposit.

What I'm proposing allows you to see robots in real work and get a real idea of them over a long period of time. If you trade for more than three months on a demo, all sorts of surprises will appear. But not all the authors have money to open an account with a decent deposit.

Reason: