Real work on MT5 NDD - page 2

Andrei01:
The unfairness is that the brokerage company pretends to be an ECN but does not have that typical ECN execution.

That's not how it works. What kind of a manager in his right mind would do that?

But we have digressed from the topic.

The question is about slippages on NDD->ECN.

sergeev:

It doesn't work like that. What kind of a manager in his right mind would do that?

But we have digressed from the subject altogether.

The question is about slippages on NDD->ECN.

The manager is not a fool. He has written on his web-site about ECN to attract suckers, but he keeps on working with kitchen equipment, hence, there are practically no slippages on the real ECN.

Andrei01:
There is practically none on a real ECN.
So answer the questioner, so he won't think he's being tricked. That's what he's asking.

sergeev:
The question is about that. So answer the topicstarter, so he does not think he will be tricked. That is what he is asking.
Well, I answered that you need to measure the time of execution and watch the price of the next tick.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

Andrei01:
The manager is not a fool. He wrote on the site about ECN to attract suckers, but he continues to work on kitchen execution, hence the slippages which are practically non-existent on the real ECN.
I agree. That's it. if you have ECN, then do the goodness - perform, you have a dime-a-dozen liquidity providers. slippages you say? - You are a businessman, so if the office talks about slippages, you should at least be wary.

All that is stated in the posts is logical and understandable. The question was about who had faced with this on their real account? Or do all work with Instant Execution?

Karlson:
All that is stated in the posts is logical and understandable. The question was about who faced with this on their real account? Or all work with Instant Execution?

On a real account? - I personally encountered two types of execution - with slippage and without. Which is logical in principle, and without my personal experience - there is no third.

And as for the one without slippage, I often saw a situation when a deal was opened without slippage - the spread is 0. Such companies have stated ECN, which is very similar to the truth, sorry.

• www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

Karlson:
I think the question is if someone has faced such problems on their real account or they all use Instant Execution?

There are no problems with market execution on the real.

Yes, the news may cause 50 or 100 pips slippage. But the instant execution will not save us in this case - they will just miss a position. And if the brokerage company is not very honest, may open a position, but with a delay and when the price is on the other side.)

Try it, the speed of execution should pleasantly surprise you.

Gentlemen, maybe I am missing something, but I think that ECN is a system for matching buyers and sellers. So it is either a kitchen or ECN (or some similar system). So, how do you know if it's ECN or not ECN? Floating spread and market execution does not mean anything, imho.

The simplest ECN check:

1. Placing a limiter inside the spread changes the price and holds it (price does not get better) until the limiter is executed.
  2. Placing two opposite limiters inside the spread with the same opening price makes an instant execution of both - bought from yourself.

P.S. In ECN you can easily play with the spread, making it very small on some not very liquid FI. For example, if the average spread is 50 pips, you can make the average spread 20 pips elementary - keep the limiter at 20 pips away from the current price all the time. This is a simple example of how focusing on the spread as a characteristic of trading conditions is wrong.

Reason: