Real work on MT5 NDD - page 4

hrenfx:
  1. If your volume is not greater than the opposite bid, your bid will be filled in full (provided there are no other bids at the same price).
  2. If your volume is greater than the opposite order, then your order will be partially executed (by the volume of the opposite order). Accordingly, the limit order volume will be cut off and it will continue to hold the price until someone fills it.
I meant the following situation: if I have a buy order with price 10, volume 100 (all or nothing); opposite sell order has price 9 volume (50). I.e. I wonder what will be drawn on the chart in this case. I think that my bid should not be shown on the chart.

hrenfx:
The second criterion is absolutely correct - you can try it. The crookedness of stock exchange and brokerage software is not an argument.

still false - the criterion is not met, but the exchange is. At the same time, I don't deny that it has a place somewhere (albeit without meaning) - I just haven't come across it.

It's just one of the attributes, not the criterion.

220Volt:
I meant this situation: if I have a buy order with price 10, volume 100 (all or nothing); the opposite sell order has a price 9 volume (50). I.e. I wonder what will be drawn on the chart in this case. I think that my bid should not be shown on the chart.

If you don't have up to 10 of the required volume (100), the trade will not take place at all and the bet/graph will not change from that. So you are absolutely right in case of "all or nothing" (ORDER_FILLING_FOK). If you just give a request (ORDER_FILLING_RETURN), then hrenfx has answered you above.

If the case is ORDER_FILLING_IOC, then you buy 50 lots at 9, and if there are no more bids until 10, the remaining 50 will not be put in the cup. Well, the tick is drawn at 9 in this case.

Thank you for your answers.

220Volt:
I meant the following situation: if I have a buy order with price 10, volume 100 (all or nothing); the opposite sell order has a price 9 volume (50). I.e. I wonder what will be drawn on the chart in this case. I think that my bid should not be shown on the chart.

A chart is just a visualisation of something out there. There are no charts in the market, there are bids. The information on the current bids is the current market situation, not a chart that can be drawn according to any conditions (for example, a weighted average price that corresponds to a certain volume).

There are several types of orders. Very often banks use the so-called aggressive limits (orders), where in addition to the price (Volume) and volume there is also a coefficient (Koef <= 1). This coefficient says that the bank's order can be covered by the opposite order only if it by volume >= Volume. This is done for various reasons.

As a rule, banks put this coefficient close to one ~ 0.98.

So if the best bid is hanging from the bank for a million and you want to take a bite out of it for 100K, you won't get anywhere. But if you want 1 mio, no problem. This is one of the reasons why trading large lots by execution is better than trading small lots. In FOREX the optimal volume (for the same arbitrage) is 1 mio.

notused:

still false - the criterion is not met and there is an exchange. At the same time, I don't deny that it has a place somewhere (although without meaning to)-just haven't come across it.

As soon as you put a bid inside the spread on an exchange, it will be immediately grabbed by HFT robots. They are hunting for those who like to place such bids.

Therefore, it is unlikely that you will be able to buy on the exchange - you simply will not have time.

On FOREX (because of decentralisation) such an HFT-robot in ECN may simply not exist. And it is true, not for nothing even a mere mortal is able to catch arbitrage between several ECN/STP venues.

hrenfx:

A chart is just a visualisation of something out there. There are no charts in the market, there are bids. The information on the current bids is the current market situation, not a chart that can be drawn according to any conditions (for example, a weighted average price corresponding to a certain volume).

There are several types of orders. Very often banks use the so-called aggressive limits (orders), where in addition to the price (Volume) and volume there is also a coefficient (Koef <= 1). This coefficient says that the bank's order can be covered by the opposite order only if it by volume >= Volume. This is done for various reasons.

As a rule, banks put this coefficient close to one ~ 0.98.

So if the best bid is hanging from the bank for a million and you want to take a bite out of it for 100K, you won't get anywhere. But if you want 1 mio, no problem. This is one of the reasons why trading large lots by execution is better than trading small lots. In FOREX, the optimal volume (for the same arbitrage) is 1 mio.

I think that the chart should be built on the best bids, of course there are subtleties, one of which I tried to find out. Otherwise the entire technical analysis is rubbish.

220Volt:
I think the chart should be built based on the best orders, of course there are subtleties, one of which I tried to find out.

It depends on what you want. If you trade, for example, 20 lots, then what good is a chart on BestPrices if it will often have lower volume, and you will not achieve full execution of your orders. As a result, the same super-accurate tester will show you nonsense based on such a chart. And if the graph, for example, has no filter (which it usually does) of short-term orders (< 50ms), then the tester will lie even more. Because on the real, if such a short-term order was an external (STP), you will be simply rejected, because it is impossible to react to it during its lifetime due to technical limitations.

And, as we know, MT5 has serious problems with the speed of orders. And we also don't know the speed characteristics of broadcast feed - its actuality at the moment of receiving by client with zero pings.

That is why the super accuracy of the MT5 tester due to lack of custom history may be only relevant (not to mention many other crutches) to strategies with small order volumes.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций - Документация по MQL5

hrenfx:

It depends on what you are after. If you trade, for example, 20 lots, then what good is a chart on BestPrices if it will often have lower volume, and you will not achieve full execution of your orders. As a result, the same super-accurate tester will show you nonsense based on such a chart. And if the graph, for example, has no filter (which it usually does) of short-term orders (< 50ms), then the tester will lie even more. Because on the real, if such a short-term order was an external (STP), you will be simply rejected, because it is impossible to react to it during its lifetime due to technical limitations.

And, as we know, MT5 has serious problems with the speed of orders. And we also don't know the speed characteristics of broadcast feed - its actuality at the moment of receiving by client with zero pings.

Therefore the super-accuracy of the MT5 tester due to lack of custom history can only be relevant (apart from many other crutches) to strategies with small order volumes.

Yes, I find your words logical, but I myself believe that if a pattern is drawn (according to some rules) then the fate of the price is already determined. That's why everyone should look at the charts in the same way.

220Volt:
Yes, I find your words logical, but I myself believe that if the figure is drawn (according to some rules), the fate of the price has already been determined. Therefore, everyone should look at the charts in the same way.

You can manipulate these same charts with your bids. If you want to limit the price, please do so. If you want to decrease the average spread, you are welcome to do so. Note that you can do all of this without the execution of your orders. Just have time to move them, and that is all. So, should you focus so clearly on the charts?

And Level2 should also be watched with caution, because it may be full of phantom bids (moving in particular the way I showed above). They serve to confuse other market participants. For example, they saw a huge volume on the glass at some level, and as soon as the bestPrice began to approach it, it either moved away or just disappeared. But the hamsters have moved the price in the direction where the owner of the phantom order wanted. A lot of nuances, in general.

Reason: