Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1378

Can you tell me how to use PostMessageW function from WinAPI\winuser.mqh?

What I've found in my search, it all relates to MT4 and does not work well in MT5. The task is to call a new order window, for example.

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

If you want to decrypt later, it is better to encrypt the object name rather than the number. I.e. collect name from digits and digits into string, and then string digits into int. The only thing is to either divide the fields with delimiters or take into account the number of characters in each field.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks, I'll give it a try!!!

what is the encryptor built into mql for? i can't find a reasonable use for it

it makes no sense to encrypt from yourself, and only global variable terminals are visible to a second user

Fast235 #:

what is the encryptor built into mql for? i can't find a reasonable use for it

it makes no sense to encrypt from itself, and only global variable terminals are visible to a second user

Then what should be done to assign an individual number to an object, which (the number) can be reconstructed from the data:

- Period

- Time

- Time frame

Mikhail Toptunov #:

What then needs to be done to assign an individual number to an object that (the number) can be reconstructed from the data:

- Period

- Time

- Time-frame

if it is possible to build a working ts on this.

Mikhail Toptunov #:

What then needs to be done to assign an individual number to an object that (the number) can be reconstructed from the data:

- Period

- Time

- Time frame

By the way, look for Trishkin Artem in the 3rd or 4th article of his latest series - he encodes the parameters of order opening in Magik. It's very good logic. I can't get to my computer.

Good afternoon Gentlemen Traders! Help me solve a non-trivial problem, for God's sake!
How to calculate the pip value ifthe deposit currency(e.g. eur) is not involved in the quote (e.g. AUD/NZD)?
That is, the deposit is EUR, and we open a Buy trade onAUD/NZD with a lot size of 1000 pips (last decimal place). How do we know what the loss will be if we close on the stop?
What is the algorithm for calculating ???
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Информация о счете - Состояние окружения - Константы, перечисления и структуры - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Stanislav Nikolaev #:
Good afternoon Gentlemen traders! Help me solve one non-trivial problem, for God's sake!
How to calculate the point value ifthe deposit currency(e.g. eur) is not involved in the quote (e.g. AUD/NZD)?
That is, the deposit is EUR and we open a Buy trade on theAUD/NZDpairwith a loss size of 1000 pips (by the last decimal place). How do we know what the loss will be if we close on the stop?

1. Losses depend on the volume of the trade. At 1 lot volume with this stop you will lose 1000 NZD.

2. Losses in EUR depend on the EURNZD exchange rate at the time of closing the trade, i.e. loss in EUR = 1000/EURNZD.

Stanislav Nikolaev #:
Good day Gentlemen traders! Help me solve a non-trivial problem, for God's sake!
How to calculate the pip value, ifthe deposit currency(eg eur) is not involved in the quote (eg AUD/NZD)?
That is, the deposit is EUR, and we open a Buy trade on theAUD/NZDpairwith a lot size 1000 pips (by the last decimal place). How do we know what the loss will be if we close on the stop?

1) add all major crosses to the depo currency in MarketWatch beforehand. see. SymbolSelect(symbolName,true). This is kind of a prerequisite, and although the server/terminal is supposed to do it themselves, it's worth the insurance.

2) if the query SymbolInfo("AUDNZD",SYMBOL_TRADE_TICKVALUE) receives nonsense (or(!!) error, the nonsense may be without error code), the query can be carefully repeated. When the deposit, for example, is in rubles, its conversion is not instantaneous and not always and not for all pairs is possible.

3) If there are errors all the time and you cannot get the price of the point, just use the phone and explain to DC that the base needs to be configured correctly. Much easier to change DC or switch to major deposits

4) And you don't have to calculate the point price yourself. Otherwise the calculation will not coincide with the terminal or the server. And there will be no place to appeal (you won't even have a reason and no place to take them.)

4+1/2) such problems usually arise if the deposit is not in USD and in the kitchen.

Please explain...

The Bible says: The _Period variable stores the timeframe value of the current chart.

The actual values of _Period for the TF:

М1 = 1

М5 = 5

М15 = 15

М30 = 30

H1 = 16385

H4 = 16388

H6 = 16390

Explain please, the numbers 60, 120 etc. are... no longer in vogue?

If you know, at least give me a hint as to what the trick is here?

And now I'm afraid to ask ... where else in our mysterious MQL are such tricks? :(

Reason: