Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 750

Vladimir Karputov:

If these are not your indicators, contact the author and ask for answers to the questions I asked above. You can't say anything definitively without that.
I will contact the author when I know for sure that the indicators no longer meet some objective requirements and there is
and there is no other way. But if it's unknown whether it's a glitch in the update or something else, then I'm turning to you, not the author.

What is the procedure in general? Or is there no procedure, God willing?

An update came out, traders have stopped working and then what? Where do they have to go next? Is there any feedback in your system or not?
How do the developers know that their product is buggy? When the mass of appeals through all channels crosses a threshold or what?
Or can this be done in a civilised way?

Agat:
I will contact the author when I know for sure that the indicators no longer meet some objective requirements and
and there is no other way. But if I don't know if it's a glitch of update or something else, then I will address to you, not to the author.

What is the procedure in general? Or is there no procedure, God willing?

An update came out, traders have stopped working and then what? Where do they have to go next? Is there any feedback in your system or not?
How do the developers know that their product is buggy? When the mass of appeals through all channels crosses a threshold or what?
Or can this be done in a civilized manner?

This is a technical forum: if there is a problem, you must describe it in maximum detail, show the checks being run in the code and the results being returned and you must have the code. You can't say anything without providing the code.

Without all that, no one will answer anything - there are no telepaths here, unfortunately.

Vladimir Karputov:

This is a technical forum: if there is a problem, you need as detailed a description of the problem as possible, you need to show the checks being performed in the code and the results being returned and you need the code. You can't say anything without providing the code.

Without all this, no one will answer anything - there are no telepaths here, unfortunately.

Finally something is starting to emerge, some sort of procedure. So I can provide the code and get some answers. Provide how? Is it shared here or is it confidential if I don't want to share it openly?

Where to provide? As I understand it, someone who knows the details of the latest update must evaluate this code and draw some conclusion for themselves, and I'm told one of two things - contact the author or wait for the next update.

And do it not as a favour to me, but because that's the way it's supposed to be, that's the procedure :). Is it or isn't it?

Guys, tell me how to find out from the indicator/advisor whether the given chart is in focus or not?

Thank you all for your feedback

Agat:

Finally something is starting to emerge, some sort of procedure. So I can provide the code and get some answers. How to share? Is it in the public domain here or is it somehow confidential if I don't want to post it openly?

Where to provide? As I understand it, someone who knows the details of the last update must evaluate this code and make some conclusion for himself, and I have to be told one of two things - contact the author or wait for the next update.

And do it not as a favor to me, but because it's supposed to, this is how it's done:). Is it or isn't it?

The Service Desk in your profile is on the left menu - go there and talk to the support - create a new request, select the subject of the treatment, describe your problem, attach the code of the indicator and get an answer. It's easy to make a request - just fill in the template provided.

Agat:

Finally something is starting to emerge, some sort of procedure. So I can provide the code and get some answers. How to share? Is it in the public domain here or is it somehow confidential if I don't want to post it openly?

Where to provide? As I understand it, someone who knows the details of the latest update must evaluate this code and make some conclusion for themselves, and I have to be told one of two things - contact the author or wait for the next update.

You have to do it not as a favor to me, but because you have to, this is the procedure.) Is it so or not?

If you don't want to open the code for all to see, you can send it to me. Plus:

1. Screenshot from terminal settings - "Charts" tab
  2. Screenshot of the indicator properties - "Input parameters" tab
  3. On what symbol and what timeframe the indicator is running.
  4. Screenshot of the indicator on the selected symbol and timeframe.
  5. Repeat - what don't you like.

Question. I need to find the deal closing time in the MT5 history (hedge account). I understand that I need to work with the CDealInfo class, and not with CHistoryOrderInfo. I can't really understand what method CDealInfo uses to determine the closing time of a position/trade. There is a Time method, but it "Gets the time of transaction", i.e. as I understand the time of opening, not closing. I thought that I could use method InfoInteger and some ENUM_... in it. But I don't see anything resembling the position close time there either.

When I look through the history in MQL4, I use OrderCloseTime(), but I have no idea how to do it in MQL5. I thank you in advance for your help.

Maxim Khrolenko:
Question. I need to find the deal closing time in the MT5 history (hedge account). I understand that I need to work with the CDealInfo class, and not with CHistoryOrderInfo. I can't really understand what method CDealInfo uses to determine the closing time of a position/trade. There is a Time method, but it "Gets the time of transaction", i.e. as I understand the time of opening, not closing. I thought that I could use method InfoInteger and some ENUM_... in it. But I don't see anything resembling the position close time there either.

When I look through the history in MQL4, I use OrderCloseTime(), but I have no idea how to do it in MQL5. I want to use this as an indicator and estimate the price to be used as a yardstick.
Find the time of transaction OUT of a required position.

Good afternoon.

How to use DRAW_HISTOGRAM2 to draw an indicator with different colours. If the value of the first buffer is greater than the second, then one colour. If vice versa, then a different colour.

igorbel:

Good afternoon.

How to use DRAW_HISTOGRAM2 to draw an indicator with different colours. If the value of the first buffer is greater than the second, then one colour. If vice versa, then a different colour.

The documentation describes it perfectly, and there is even a ready and working example
Reason: