Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 582

Andrey Koldorkin:

MT5. Don't be too harsh, I'm just starting out.

The compiler doesn't seem to swear.

Have a look atiCustom example.iCustom returns the handle of the specified custom indicator. It is returned ONE time in OnInit(). And then you get the data using the handle with the Copy**** function (depending on needs):

Alexey Volchanskiy:
If you don't have to do it from MQL, look at AutoIT, you can do anything there. The product is free, you only need one DLL to interact with MQL.
This is an interesting topic. Thank you.

please help me to clarify about order execution in MT4 - OrderDelete, OrderSelect.

1) do i understand correctly, that when these functions/operations are called, the program waits for an answer from the server about success/failure of this operation, i.e. it stands still at the Expert Advisor code point and continues the code algorithm ONLY after receiving an answer?

2) if a new tick has come (or a new timer event), which in my code starts with an operation on an order, but on the previous tick, the operation on the order has not yet had time to be executed (receive answer from the server), then the program will wait for the answer to the operation of the previous tick or it will start without waiting for the execution of a new tick?

loleg1991:

please help me to clarify about order execution in MT4 - OrderDelete, OrderSelect.

1) do i understand correctly, that when these functions/operations are called, the program waits for an answer from the server about success/failure of this operation, i.e. it stands still at the Expert Advisor code point and continues the code algorithm ONLY after receiving an answer?

2) if a new tick comes (or a new timer event), which in my code starts with an operation on an order, but the operation on the previous tick has not yet had time to be executed (receive answer from the server), then the program will wait for the answer to the operation of the previous tick or it will start without waiting for the execution of a new tick?

Yes, the programme will stop and wait for a response from the server. This usually takes 100, 150 msec. At the moment of stopping incoming ticks are accumulated in a queue. When the program receives a response from the server, it starts to move on and proceeds to its end, for example to the end of the OnTick function. The accumulated ticks then call OnTick again. The program is given this queue of ticks in an accelerated order.

I created my signal, registered myself as a seller, but the subscription is still not allowed...why?

Taras Petryliak:
I created my signal, registered myself as a seller, but the subscription is still not allowed...why?

Go to your alarm -> settings and you will see all the warnings.

Added: You are not a seller. It's not enough to apply - you have to wait for seller status to be approved.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Yes, the program stops and waits for the response from the server. It usually takes 100 or 150 ms. At the moment of the stop the incoming ticks accumulate into a queue. When the program receives a response from the server, it begins to move on and continues until it reaches its end, for example, the end of the OnTick function. The accumulated ticks then call OnTick again. The program is given this queue of ticks in an accelerated order.

Is this also the case with the timer? Are OnTimer events also accumulated in queue until operations of previous tick(and/or timer) are executed? p/s I use millisecond timer, which is executed more often than the 100-150 millisecond wait for operations on orders.

By the way, does OrderSelect also "slow down" execution of the algorithm? Or does this function select an order solely in the terminal and the time of its execution is negligibly short?

Функции обработки событий - Функции - Основы языка - Справочник MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com

Hello, I know approximately how to write an indicator in MQL4. If I have recorded values in two arrays and want to build a chart with correlation between values of one array and those of the other. Maybe in the form of a script or it is only possible as an indicator? Thanks in advance

fvdtrejder:
Hello, I know more or less how to write an indicator in MQL4. If I have recorded values in two arrays and want to build a chart with correlation between values of one array and those of the other. Maybe in the form of a script or it is only possible as an indicator? I thank you in advance.
Are your arrays any different from an array of historical data?

I calculate the values in the arrays using my formulas
Reason: