Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 254

Can I download charts for technical analysis, - indexes S & P 500 Futures Chart, TA 25 Chart and S & P 500 Chart if possible can tell you how to do this, maybe there is an explanation of how to download!

I cannot find such a broker, can you advise me a program for technical analysis, which allows me to download indices I am interested in (can be in real time) or a broker.

I thank you in advance.

Good afternoon. Can someone advise me on trading robots and some questions about trading? I'm writing my diploma thesis in this field and I don't know any traders.

Please clarify the situation with MetaTrader4, MetaTrader5 and MQL4, MQL5.

My broker provides MetaTrader4 for trading. When I was asked if I could install MetaTrader5 I was told that no. However my broker's support service will tell me that MQL4 and MQL5 are compatible with MetaTrader4.

In Help Desk I see documentation for MQL4 and MQL5.

But it turns out that there is no debugging in MetaTrader4. Now I've tried an example, where CopyBuffer is used. At compilation an error 'CopyBuffer' - function not defined.

Is it true, if I install MetaTrader5 I will not be able to use my current broker? Is it related to the specifics of the server?

I think there are a lot of differences between MQL4 and MQL5, and at first they hinder the process. But sooner or later the broker will have to switch to MetaTrader5, or not?

Anyway, help me to navigate!

igor1603:

Please clarify the situation with MetaTrader4, MetaTrader5 and MQL4, MQL5.

My broker provides MetaTrader4 for trading. When I was asked if I could install MetaTrader5 I was told that no. However my broker's support service will tell me that MQL4 and MQL5 are compatible with MetaTrader4.

In Help Desk I see documentation for MQL4 and MQL5.

But it turns out that there is no debugging in MetaTrader4. Now I've tried an example, where CopyBuffer is used. At compilation an error 'CopyBuffer' - function not defined.

Is it true, if I install MetaTrader5 I will not be able to use my current broker? Is it related to the specifics of the server?

I think there are a lot of differences between MQL4 and MQL5, and at first they hinder the process. But sooner or later, even if there are some difficulties, a broker will have to switch to MetaTrader5, won't he?

All in all, help to navigate!

MetaTrader4 and MetaTrader5 are two totally different terminals, each supporting two different programming languages - MQL4 and MQL5 respectively. Your broker will provide only MetaTrader4 with MQL4. This means you cannot use MetaTrader5. The broker's answer about the compatibility of MQL4 and MQL5 is that they are compatible at the level of basic programming structures, but they have different API for accessing the trading information, and therefore different system functions like CopyBuffer.

Since the current MQL4 became quite similar to the MQL5, it makes no sense to study the obsolete MQL4 syntax. However, if you do not want to change your broker as a matter of principle, then study MQL4, because MT5 and MQL5 do not provide it anyway.

NazL:
Good afternoon. Can someone advise me on trading robots and some questions about trading? I am writing my diploma thesis on the field and do not know any traders that I know.
If you want to ask, they will help you. It is difficult to be more specific, because the field of questions is not clear.

Good afternoon.

I need some advice on the cycle. I'll try to show it with an example.

for(int i=1; i<n +1; i++)
{
If(a(i)>b(i))
Flag = true;
}
Return(Flag);

The checkbox should be true only if all a(i)>b(i) in the loop. If at least one a(i)<b(i), the checkbox should return false. How to do it?

Thanks in advance!

abeiks:

Good afternoon.

I need some advice on the cycle. I'll try to show it with an example.

The checkbox should be true only if all a(i)>b(i) in the loop. If at least one a(i)<b(i), the checkbox should return false. How to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Flag = true;
for(int i=1; i<n+1; i++)
  {
   if(a[i]<=b[i])
     {
       Flag = false;
       break;
     }
  }

paladin800:
Thank you!

C-4:
Ask - they will help you here. It is difficult to be more specific, as the area of the questions is not clear.
I need some advice. I have a week and a half of Java programming experience. I am writing a thesis, which implies automation of securities trading on the stock exchange. I have decided to implement not full automation, but partial automation. I want to automate exactly the indicators analysis and add a neural network to it. The program should generate a forecast by creating elements and the trader must make a decision based on these data. I am not very familiar with trading, but this subject is interesting to me, I cannot devote enough time to study it. The main objective - to create not complicated (basic, elementary), but adequate program, that will not make people, familiar with this sphere, grin. I am interested in the following in details: does such a program deserve to be implemented (if not, what are the alternatives in similar themes), what basic and easy to use indicators to use and what is desirable to teach a neural network and what are the outputs, is it possible to take information from google finance and yahoo finance and for what period to forecast with such data, what literature can be used for references and information?

NazL:
Need some advice. I have a week and a half of Java programming experience. I am writing a thesis which implies the automation of securities trading on the stock exchange. I have decided to implement not full automation, but partial automation. I want to automate exactly the indicators analysis and add a neural network to it. The program should generate a forecast by creating elements and the trader must make a decision based on these data. I am not very familiar with trading, but this subject is interesting to me, I cannot devote enough time to study it. The main objective - to create not complicated (basic, elementary), but adequate program, that will not make people, familiar with this sphere, grin. I am interested in the following in details: does such a program deserve to be implemented (if not, what are the alternatives in the similar themes), what basic and easy to use indicators to teach the neural network and what are the possible outputs, is it possible to take information from websites like google finance and yahoo finance and for what period to forecast with this data, what literature can be used for references and information?

First you need to decide on the terminal you want to use. MetaTrader4/5 has its own language MQL4/MQL5 which is syntactically similar to C++. Other languages may be used - but only through third party dlls. If you choose MT, you will still have to learn MQL. Knowledge of Java will not be of much help.

With the history from yahoo finance and google it's not that simple either. MT5 does not allow to load the third-party history. MT4 allows, but again, through crutches.

Specifically for your task, with your knowledge and time, it is better to use WealthLab 6 - it has a built-in grabber for yahoo finance and google, and you write strategies in C#, it is very easy to write in it after Java, because syntax and ideology are similar. But it is paid. However, I can send you the "right" distribution via private message.

However, for a longer term outlook I advise to study MQL5. MetaTrader is famous for its professional community, and there is no other place to find expert help in matters that interest you.

And I can't give advice about neural networks, because it is not in my area of interest. But you can ask Comrade Reshetov. He is a neuroscientist and writes in Java. If you're polite and unintrusive enough, maybe he will condescend to answer)).

Reason: