Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 156

barabashkakvn, thanks for the reply.

Is there no way to get the same thing in binary form? I wanted to process it all in Borland C++ Builder, it's easier for me to write programs there... I don't want to deal with Excel at that level, and I'm too lazy to write a parser...

memphis:

Is there no way to get the same thing in binary form? I wanted to process it all in Borland C++ Builder, it's easier for me to write programs there... I don't want to handle Excel at this level, and I'm too lazy to write a parser...

I'll either have to write a parser or open Excel.

In general, you can write in MQL5 and create any indicators directly in MetaTrader5 terminal

memphis:

Is there no way to get the same thing in binary form? I wanted to process it all in Borland C++ Builder, it's easier for me to write programs there... I don't want to handle Excel at that level and I'm too lazy to write a parser...

You can do it, but you'll have to write your own script in mql5(4), which will write the binary data in the format that you'll form in the script.

It's not that hard, especially if you already know C++ (file operations are almost the same).

All you need to learn is how to request the data you need (quotes in your case) from the terminal using mql.

mql help.

barabashkakvn:

In general, write in MQL5 and build any indicators directly in the MetaTrader5 terminal

The problem is that in the beginning I couldn't use HELP... If you have a good HELP in MQL5, you may write any indicator directly in MetaTrader5 terminal.

MetaDriver:

mql help.

the issue is that I couldn't get a helper from the beginning.

If you want to try to put some values in different modes, you may use some different arrays, like "open", "close", "high" or "low":

http://docs.mql4.com/ru/predefined/variables

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/predefined

I don't understand how to get past prices in version 5.

Предопределенные переменные - Документация на MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com
Предопределенные переменные - Документация на MQL4

memphis:

The question is that I couldn't get the help from the beginning.

The question was "Is there no way to get the same thing in binary form?" That's exactly the question I answered.

I wrote something similar about six years ago in MQL4, and in the EA mode the buy and sell prices and global arrays - Open, Close, High and Low for all candlesticks were available on every tick:

http://docs.mql4.com/ru/predefined/variables

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/predefined

But now these variables are gone, according to the docs!

Yeah, that's right. Maybe it's because mql5 is not mql4.

i have a question for you: do you want mql5 to be exactly like mql4? or do you want quotes? i mean, "do you want to do this or that?"

I don't understand how to get historical data in version 5 at all. that's the question.

I don't see any question here. I see a statement. "I don't understand how to get past prices in version 5 at all."

i'm sorry if i do. i mean, if you really wanted to understand but you couldn't.

I'm already confused. Do you have any questions?

// I suspect that you are the kind of person who finds it difficult to ask for help or ask straight out. you're kind of shy to kind of stress your interlocutor. so don't be shy. we are always happy to help a beginner here.

MetaDriver, thank you for your patience. Here is my question: how can I get information about quotes on previous bars (and ticks, if possible) in Expert Advisor when processing a tick?

To answer your question: no, I would like the new version of the language to be first of all more convenient than the old one. I think this aspect in particular was very conveniently implemented in the fourth version, and I think that since they decided to redesign it for some reason, something super convenient should have been created.

memphis:

MetaDriver, thank you for your patience. here is my question: how in EA, when processing a tick, can you get information about quotes on previous bars (and, if possible, ticks)?

you are always welcome.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to request information about previous ticks - such functionality (unfortunately) isn't provided. As a not entirely complete substitution - you can accumulate information about ticks in your own buffer (array), and after some time the array will be suitable for analysis of the preceding tick dynamics.

information about quotes (minute timeframe) may be obtained by copying from indirectly available buffers of the terminal (no direct access - quite in the spirit of object-oriented traditions). For this purpose functions of the CopyXXX(...) family are used , such as CopyRates(...), CopyClose(...), CopySpread(...) etc. Information about them can be found in the site documentation in sectionAccess to timeseries and indicator data

To answer your question: No, I would like the new version of the language to be first of all more convenient than the old one. This aspect in particular, in my opinion, was very conveniently implemented in the fourth version, and I think that since they decided to change it, it should have become something super convenient.

For example, you can almost reproduce "mql4-access" using mql5 tools by writing corresponding code that (important!) you have to insert into each (!!!) of your Expert Advisors, regardless of what you do.) your Expert Advisor, regardless of whether it actually requires all of this data for its full functionality or not. That's exactly what was done "automatically" (like by magic and for free?) in mql4. mql5 has only abandoned the "obligation" to provide this data in each EA. But if you need it - you just request it via copy functions, exactly to the required extent.

// Economical, isn't it? I mean, if you save not the amount of bodywork or mql-code, but the execution time of target code.

MetaDriver, thank you very much for your help, it was a pleasure talking to you :)

MetaDriver:

// economical, isn't it? I mean, if you save not the amount of fleshpace or mql-code, but the execution time of the target code.

No, it is not. With this approach, the target code's runtime, on the contrary, increases significantly.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

Good evening, help please! Bought a new computer with Windows 8 on it. I have downloaded MT-4 on my computer and everything is ok, but when I reboot the platform every time I see those charts of 4 currency pairs that were in the platform when I downloaded it. I can't get rid of them. I have never seen anything like this on XP.

Please help me with some good advice.

Thank you in advance.

Reason: