MT or MT5, that is the question...

I am a trader.

And I know a little MT4 - enough to implement my ideas.

I have been using the MT4 trading platform for about ten years.

It's time to think about switching to MT5.

I would like to know about community preferences as of 2023.

How much more convenient is MT5 for traders and programmers compared to MT4?

Andriy Matviyevs'kyy:

I am a trader.

MT5 is, in all aspects, way better than MT4, and it's meanwhile as comfortable to code with as the MT4 has been for years.

So if you invest your time in getting better coding, do it with MT5. It's the future-proof solution.

Why is it better MT5 than MT4?? Does it have fewer limitations ??? - The pros and cons of MT4 versus MT5
Why is it better MT5 than MT4?? Does it have fewer limitations ??? - The pros and cons of MT4 versus MT5
  • www.mql5.com
Well, due to the conversation of this thread, i have considered it opportune to open a new one to expose the pros and cons of mt4 versus mt5, and why i consider mt5 to be better. I do not think i'm a closed-minded person. It compiles on both and runs on both

Andriy Matviyevs'kyy:

I am a trader.

A poll would be fitting here .

MT5 , if they also make their calendar airtight it will be perfect . 

Hi, I was using MT4 in 2006, I had it until a few years ago, my Broker doesn't support MT4 anymore, then I switched to MT5, the usual is the same as MT4, a bit easier to program, and there is so much on the web , if you run into something that you need to solve. But now it's a matter of taste what you want to use.
After all, MT5 has OOP which makes it easier to reuse code, but it's a lot to read if you're a developer, but I don't think you'll get bored with MT5, now you have MQL5.community, where you can get advice and help.
Reason: