Whether locking or counter positions are possible - page 4

Interesting:

Loki is a very complicated thing, probably one of the complicated things in the trade.

The problem is that locks, at least in MT, were linked to some other things. With the introduction of the ban, the strategies not directly related to locks (while steadily making profit in MT4) suffered as well.

But there is no point in arguing about it, as there are no locks in MT5. Other rules, other strategies, other reality. The world has changed (good or bad, it doesn't matter)...

I'm talking about these "some other things", not about the lock itself.

joo:

I was referring to some of the trades that take place over an open position(trimming and flipping at least, maybe some others).

If we do not count closing and lock, then the opposite position seems to be able to organize only a trim and flip (I can't remember the other options, maybe they do not exist).

joo:

What kind of things ? Locking instead of exiting for pips, in order to artificially increase "hold time" ? What kind of things?

The trader must put in place his own strategies if he wants to. So many potatoes, so many peas. In Mt4 we could see this accounting, but there was no net.

We do not have it now. Who needs it, let him bother to track the recipe himself. Let him write on the paper, let him dock with another program and watch his favorite lots there.

Mischek:

What kind of things ? Locking instead of exiting for pips, in order to artificially increase "hold time" ? What kind of things?

The trader must find a mix of strategies on his side if he wants. So many potatoes, so many peas. In Mt4 we could see this accounting, but there was no net.

We do not have it now. Who needs it, let him take the trouble of keeping track of the recipe in 5. Let them write on the nameplate, let them link it with another program and watch their favorite lots there.

Michael, what are you doing? Did you miss my post where it says that I am against netting?

The only thing you might need lock for is to train a neural network. But even then that lock will only be in the "head" and the trade itself will still be on netting.

Urain, please, as an expert in this area, who has written an article on a related topic, tell me what the counter multidirectional positions may be used for, because I'm afraid I'm not very good at the relevant terminology.

joo:

Michael, what's wrong with you? Did you miss this post of mine, where it says that I am against netting?

Urain, please, as an expert in this field who has written an article on a related topic, tell me what counter multidirectional poses may be needed for, because I'm afraid I don't have a very good grasp of the relevant terminology.

sorry

joo:

Michael, what's wrong with you? Did you miss this post of mine, where it says that I am against netting?

Urain, please, as an expert in this field who has written an article on a related topic, tell me what counter multidirectional positions may be needed for, because I'm afraid I'm not very good with the relevant terminology.

The OOP allows you to create virtual orders, as well as conduct debriefing on their history. So go ahead and lock as you please, just virtually.

In fact, one can create functions very similar to MT4 (in appearance and functionality). If I set my mind to it, I can describe the entire functionality in such a way, that it will not differ from MT4, neither in appearance nor in execution.

If you do not have it yet, it means that either you do not really need it or you are too lazy to write it.

Mischek:

The trader must put in place his own strategies if he wants to. So many potatoes, so many peas. In Mt4 we could see this accounting, but there was no net.

We do not have it now. Who needs it, let him bother to track the recipe himself. Let him write in the book, let him dock with another program and watch his favorite lots there.

It is not a question of whether the netting position is counted/observed or not. The question is what will be recorded in the history and what will be the balance and funds charts.

It should be noted that in the MT4 architecture the netting is easier to organize (I mean without affecting the strategy).

But MT4 has some problems with automation, and therefore it will stop taking the existing positions with time.

To train neural networks, in the TS, when orders are opened at a given time interval, or perhaps for some other ideologically similar tasks, there are multidirectional positions. We need detailed information about each trade operation separately over the whole history for statistics. These are the same locks that can be implemented in MT5 using virtual orders organized according to OOP. That's what I'm talking about.

So, on netting, or rather the MT5 platform in general, allows you to implement anything you like, including the sentinel locks (multidirectional positions).

Interesting:

It is not a question of whether the netting position is counted/observed or not. The question is what will be recorded in the history and what will be the balance and equity charts.

It should be noted that in the architecture of MT4 the netting is easier to organize (I mean without affecting the strategy).

But MT4 has some problems with automation, and therefore it will stop taking the existing positions with time.

That's where all this stuff comes from. What is called a balance is not a balance. But equity is balance.

Interesting:

It is not a question of whether the netting position is counted/observed or not. The question is what will be recorded in the history and what will be the balance and equity graphs.

The important thing is that the equity graph will be identical in both cases, and there is nothing more important than that.

---

Misha, hi, haven't seen you in ages )

Reason: