Interesting and Humour - page 3060

Yuriy Asaulenko:
It's true.
When my son tells me that they do a lot of homework at school, I pull out his old Soviet textbooks and he immediately agrees that they give them very little information nowadays.

Moscow fire of 1812. Historical note >>>

Kutuzov's fire allowed him to break away from the enemy, who was unaware of the location of the Russian army for more than a week, to give a short rest to his troops, and to make the Tarutinsky march to the Kaluga road. The disastrous consequences of the fire for Moscow were eliminated over the next 20 years or so.

The question of the causes of the 1812 fire has been troubling historians for over 190 years. Versions, stated by various authors, call the blame for it either the Moscow Governor-General Rostopchin, or the enemy's army, or the patriotic exploit of unknown Russian heroes. At different times there were versions about participation of Alexander I. and Kutuzov.

//---

The article presents many versions and even a chronology of official versions for different decades.

Московский пожар 1812 года. Историческая справка
Московский пожар 1812 года. Историческая справка
  • ria.ru
Московский пожар 1812 года произошел 14-18 сентября (2-6 сентября по ст. ст.) во время оккупации войсками Наполеона I Москвы. 13 сентября (1 сентября по ст. ст.) 1812 года на военном совете в Филях Михаил Кутузов приказал оставить Москву без боя. Вместе с войсками из города ушла большая часть населения. В первый же день вступления французских...

Anatoli Kazharski:

Moscow fire of 1812. Historical note >>>

//---

The article presents many versions and even chronology of official versions for different decades.

The Moscow fire of 1812 took place on September 14-18 (September 2-6, Old Style), during Napoleon I's occupation of Moscow. 13 September (1 September GMT) 1812

What's up......

Alexandr Saprykin:
They told about it at school that the villagers set fire to their houses when they left

Yeah, that's right! That's right!

That's what the novel War and Peace describes.

and Leromntz described it in verse

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Yeah, that's right! That's right!

It was described in the novel War and Peace

and Pushkin described it in verse

I didn't google it - you got it all wrong again.

Did you find the textbook?

Дмитрий:

I didn't google it - you got it all wrong again.

Did you find the textbook?

Get your textbook out already. What have you got there? What do you see? )

Anatoli Kazharski:
Get your textbook out already. What have you got there? What do you see? )

))) And you got it wrong - the textbook was promised by Yuri!

Oh, come on...

Дмитрий:

))) And you got it wrong - the textbook was promised by Yuri!

What's the big deal...

I didn't mix anything up, unlike you. Let me ask you something else. Do you have a textbook? What do you see there? )

Anatoli Kazharski:

I'm not confused, unlike you. Let me ask you something else. Do you have a textbook? What do you see there? )

It doesn't say that Moscow was burned by Kutuzov.

And it also says "Borka is a fool" with a pen on the side.

Дмитрий:

That it doesn't say that Moscow was burned down by Kutuzov.

It also says "Borka is a fool" with a pen on the side.

Let me put it another way. Do you see a fig when you look in your book? )
Reason: