Why are there so few experts in the MQL5 database? - page 2

sergey1294:
There are few Expert Advisors in the base as there are few of them written in MQL5 and very few people have started to write in this language..... the transition from MQL4 to MQL5 is not that difficult, ....
This is why there are so many indicators that do not differ much from 4, while there are so many Expert Advisors and scripts?

Figar0:
You don't know why there are so many indicators, which do not differ much from 4, while the number of Expert Advisors and scripts is very few and far between.
I don't think that when MQL4 appeared everyone rushed to write EAs in order to upload them in Code Base.

nen:
There are indicators that cannot be developed without mql5 features. The matter is not about the classes only. There are many other possibilities of the language that are indispensable for creating some indicators.

I was only talking about MQL5. Not a word about MQL4.

Interesting:

Without classes (and most innovations) you can do and even experts.....

I asked you to give an example of an Expert Advisor without classes. Can you give me an example? I would be very grateful.

Interesting:

............ Their "almost any complexity" will only be interesting in terms of comparison with MT4 (they may be faster and more reliable than those implemented in MQL4), but compared to Expert Advisors that use ALL THE BENEFITS of MQL5, they will lose dramatically...

How can a code that uses one and the same thing lose to another one that uses the same thing? Please give me an example.

MQL5 was created to make complex things easier, not to do something that was impossible before (of course I'm not touching new features in options and stock market, this is certainly an innovation)

Figar0:

There are two EAs, of different complexity, the result of their work is the same, which one is better? Of course, the easier one, because there is less chance of error per printed symbol. Of course, this is just a primitive example, but still... If there is no difference, why break your eyes more?

What does it have to do with better? Have you read my post carefully?

MQ's task was not to create an EA better or worse than that implemented in MQL4. The aim was to show how to create Expert Advisors in MQL5 and what innovations it contained. The objects are there, classes are there (you think they haven't implemented Timer and Multicurrency). Are they really needed?

Let's look at the ChartInChart code , which generally has no commercial load, but it clearly demonstrates the drawing of complex objects on the chart and work with events passed to the chart.

What else do you need? Probably we need a GRAAL, which weighs 2 Kb and trades on one MACHINE...

PS

About the number of characters - Add to the size of expert the number of characters in files, which he uses (and that then it will be worse than in MQL4?) ... :)

joo:

I was only talking about MQL5. Not a word about MQL4.

I asked you to give an example of an Expert Advisor without classes. Can you give me an example? I would be very grateful.

How can a code that does the same thing lose to another code that does the same thing? Please give me an example.

MQL5 was created to make complicated things easier, not to do things that were impossible before (of course, I'm not touching new features in options and stock market, this is certainly an innovation)

I have written an Expert Advisor without classes, but I can't show it to you, since it's written for commercial distribution.

MqlTradeRequest

MqlTradeResult
and some more

sergey1294:
I don't think that when MQL4 appeared everyone rushed to write EAs to put them in Code Base.
But they wrote 9 pages of indicators? The ratio in MT4 is 1 to 3, while here it is 1 to 20. I will try to analyze why. I don't need a lot of them, I just need 10 typical Expert Advisors with good explanations for language learning.)

Interesting:

I need a GRAAL which weighs 2 Kb and trades by one MACHINE...

I havea Graal, it weighs only 15 Kb, and all I need at the moment is to translate it into MQL5 to take advantage of MT5 tester's capabilities. I'd like to use 2 qb Expert Advisor with one mask for my purposes)

Interesting:

The purpose of MQ was not to create an EA better or worse than that implemented in MQL4. The aim was to show how to create Expert Advisors in MQL5 and what innovations it contained. The objects are there, classes are there (you think they haven't implemented Timer and Multicurrency). And they need it there.

I don't doubt, and I've never doubted before, that MQL5 is more powerful, flexible, has more options and even more "intelligent" language. Unfortunately I can't fully enjoy these charms yet (same as many other 4 users), although I'm working in this direction.

Figar0:
But someone wrote nine pages of indicators? In MT4 the ratio in the base is 1 to 3, but here it is 1 to 20. So we are trying to understand the reason. I don't need a lot of them, I only need 10 standard Expert Advisors with good explanations to study the language, because I'm going to use them.)
I already answered why not many, because the language is new. I think there will be enough of them in half a year. For example, I don't want to put my EAs in MQL5at Code Base and I don't think many current MQL5 programmers want to do that either.

Figar0:
I have the Grail, it weighs only 15 kb, and all I need at the moment is to translate it into MQL5 to take advantage of MT5 tester's capabilities. I need a 2 kb Expert Advisor with one mask.)
There is an example of an Expert Advisor with the wands in the standard set of MT5 called Moving Averages

Figar0:

I have the Grail, it weighs only 15 kb, and all I need at the moment is to translate it into MQL5 to take advantage of the MT5 tester.

What prevents you from rewriting your own grail to MQL5? If something goes wrong, ask us, we'll tell you as much as we can.
Reason: