Grail. The puzzle is an interesting theme. - page 3

Fibo:
I haven't seen any Aces yet, although I'd like to know their opinion.
Do you classify Figar0 and timbo as dummies?

And if you want a trending strategy, try something simple like CCI, MACD signals. Good luck.

seifer:
OK. Maybe I was too hasty with the tests, but if you only want to use this Expert Advisor as a lot size management system, then you should have written it that way from the start. So the least you need to do is to find a profitable TS ;) I was thinking that firstly the Expert Advisor should be written and then MM should be attached to it (depending on peculiarities of its work). If my robot is profitable, it will be profitable with a fixed lot, if the TS is rubbish, no MM will help.
I want to use it as an Expert Advisor, that's the point. If you read carefully from the beginning of my explanation, you can understand that I'm not the author. The author is someone who speaks English. I took it from the ENGLISH version of code base, which differs not only in language, but also in experts, indicators, etc., that is a separate everything. I liked this Expert Advisor, it behaves great in manual trading. But I WANT an EXPERT, and I don't have enough experience. That's why I asked for a good trend-following Expert Advisor! There are a lot of expert indices here and there are some expert programmers. I, for instance, would like to place a semaphore, but how? If I have a good indicator, there will be a huge profit. The semaphore is in the code base indicators, but just in case.
Files:

goldtrader:
Fibo:
no aces in sight yet, although I'd like to know what they think. maybe they'll join in later?
Do you consider Figar0 and timbo dummies?
No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

as i understand it, to make a profit it is enough to open 2 positions in the right direction?

The task is to determine this very direction...

Try placing 2 differently directed orders from the current quotes at a certain distance... for example, 50 pips up and 50 pips down....

Which of the placed orders will catch the price we will consider as a trend direction ... The less false entries, the more profit...

I think so...

kharko:
as i understand it, to make a profit it is enough to open 2 positions in the right direction?

The task is to determine this very direction...

Try placing 2 differently directed orders from the current quotes at a certain distance... for example, 50 pips up and 50 pips down....

Which of the placed orders will catch the price we will consider as a trend direction ... The less false entries, the more profit...

I think so...

It doesn't work like that. In the original version it only switches long/short and enters instantly according to the market. That's why we need an indicator and equate buy or sell order in the code with the first order, then it will work as a full-fledged expert for long and short positions (as I understand it). Maybe I'm wrong - my experience is meagre.

Fibo писал (а):
It doesn't work like that. In the original version it only switches long/short and enters instantly according to the market. That's why we need an indicator and equate buy or sell order in the code with the first order, then it will work as a full-fledged expert for long and short positions (to my understanding). I may be wrong - I have very little experience.
The solution is very simple. If you are interested, I will correct the code tomorrow... :)

kharko:
Fibo wrote (a):
it won't work that way. In the original version it only switches long/short only and enters instantly by market. That's why we need an indicator and equate buy or sell order in the code with the first order, then it will work as a full-fledged expert for long and short positions (to my understanding). Maybe I'm wrong - my experience is meagre.
The solution is very simple. If you are interested, I will correct the code tomorrow... :)
OK. Thank you. I'll wait. The indicator would be better, if it would give not only entry point, but also exit point, so the part of profit would not be devoured by stop loss. Because pips t / p is not programmed here either (although there is one for the account size) - I have written manually on all orders.

Fibo:
kharko:
Fibo wrote (a):
it won't work that way. In the original version it only switches long/short only and enters instantly by market. That's why we need an indicator and equate buy or sell order in the code with the first order, then it will work as a full-fledged expert for long and short positions (to my understanding). Maybe I'm wrong - my experience is meager.
Everything is solved very simply... If you're interested, I'll fix the code tomorrow... :)
OK. Thank you. I will wait. The indicator would be better if it would give not only entry point but also exit point, so that part of profit would not be eaten up by stop loss. Our indicator would be better to give not only entry points, but also exit points, so that part of the profit would not be chewed up by stoplosses, if possible.
Unfortunately it would be difficult to find the best indicator for you.....
On what period do you want to determine the trend?
How do you plan to bypass the news?
How will the Expert Advisor behave during a flat?
There are a lot of strategies for MM, and this is not the first one, but it's better to choose the direction by yourself and correct it 1-2 times a day...

Serg_ASV:
Fibo:
kharko:
Fibo wrote (a):
it won't work that way. In the original version it only switches long/short only and enters instantly by market. That's why we need an indicator and equate buy or sell order in the code with the first order, then it will work as a full-fledged expert for long and short positions (to my understanding). Maybe I'm wrong - my experience is meager.
Everything is solved very simply... If you're interested, I'll tweak the code tomorrow... :)
OK. Thank you. I will wait. It would be better if indicator would give exit point (besides entry point) to avoid eating up part of profit by stoploss, if possible. Because tp in pips is not programmed here either (although there is one for the size of the account) - I have written manually on all orders.
Unfortunately it would be difficult to find the best indicator for you.....
On what period do you want to determine the trend?
How do you plan to bypass the news?
How will the Expert Advisor behave during a flat?
There are a lot of strategies for MM, and this is not the first one, but it's better to choose the direction by yourself and correct it 1-2 times a day...
I think so. A good 200-300 pips trend is usually seen on a 15 min or higher chart. There is no need to bypass the news as the risk is only on the initial order - even if a stop is not a problem. If necessary, a flat may be filtered out from the trend with the ADX indicator at 14 periodic more than 30 - trend, less than 30 - flat, at the entry point you can take it into account, then it does not matter. Induce - I said there are options and I think there will probably be a lot of them here. I've looked mainly at semaphores in manual trading, but here by the way are some more of the best arrows (attached).
Reason: