Errors, bugs, questions - page 981

I don't really understand the tester mechanism: I'm programming in C++ without any problems, but the "sandbox" glitches in mql5 are annoying. when the dll is called in the terminal, the tester does not load it!

2013.05.01 15:38:09 2013.01.01 00:00 Cannot load 'D:\MetaTrader 5\Tester\Agent-127.0.0.1-3001\MQL5\Libraries\NeuroSolutionsAdapter.dll'

Why?

The terminal's in D:\

I've tucked it into the\MQL5\Libraries\ of the tester, and into the\MQL5\Libraries\ of the terminal.

What's up?

dem1305:

I don't really understand the tester mechanism: I'm programming in C++ without any problems, but the "sandbox" glitches in mql5 are annoying. when the dll is called in the terminal, the tester does not load it!

2013.05.01 15:38:09 2013.01.01 00:00 Cannot load 'D:\MetaTrader 5\Tester\Agent-127.0.0.1-3001\MQL5\Libraries\NeuroSolutionsAdapter.dll'

Why?

I've tucked it into the\MQL5\Libraries\ of the tester, and into the\MQL5\Libraries\ of the terminal.

What's the problem?

The point is that the agent runs in its sandbox and the standard directory of \MQL5\Libraries is not available to it.

You can clearly see it from the provided line - the DLL is searched within the agent's own directory. In order to work with DLL in the tester, you should place these DLLs in publicly accessible system directories or add "terminal path\MQL5\Libraries" to the %PATH% environment variable.

We will consider easier operation of local agents with access to the parent directory of libraries. In this case, nothing would need to be changed except that path specification would not need to be used to access the DLL.

sergeev:

Don't you understand that if you want a timeline, you need time?

what does a timeline have to do with a ticket that can change.

Yes, that's right.

There are two keys to sort by: time and (if the time is the same) the ticket.

dem1305:

Why?

What's the problem?

I understand the problem - 2013.05.01 16:12:53 WeekPattern 'D:\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Libraries\NeuroSolutionsAdapter.dll' is not 64-bit version

Recompiling 64 bit is required

Renat:

Yes, that's correct.

There are two keys to sort by: time and (if the time is the same) the ticket.

Is the transaction/order ticket number an end-to-end auto-increment for the whole server?

voix_kas:

Isthe transaction/order ticket number an end-to-end auto-increment for the entire server?

It is, but in principle it is not guaranteed to be the same time.

Renat:
It is, but their time identity is not fundamentally guaranteed.

Many will probably find this conversation to be meaningless, but please help me to understand. I am not asking for dry answers, but for discussion. My thought is as follows.

The chronological order of deals can be determined in three ways: time stamp, ticket number or a combination of these. Why do I find the connection with the ticket number more profitable?

If the broker does not interfere in the trader's work in any way, there are no disputable/doubtful deals. The chronology is clearly traceable both by the ticket number and time stamp. If a questionable trade appears. It is either deleted by the broker from the server/account history or its financial result is reset (+ possibly a comment will be added). The second option is more correct, in my opinion.

I can't think of any practical necessity for the broker to correct the time of transaction in the history. But even if we assume so (and I repeat, I do not find a practical reason, probably, because of my limited knowledge), then the correction of the ticket number by a broker in good faith seems to be from the category - absurd. Why? Besides, MQ themselves have confirmed that in the case of equal time stamps for trades, their ticket numbers are the "arbitrator". Isn't that also a plus in favour of the ticket number?

Probably redundant, but I will explicitly point it out. It's clear to me that that's what the time stamp is for, to build the order of trades around it. This is native. But, it turns out that for algo-trailing it is easier to immediately navigate by the ticket number. Easier in terms of understanding, easier in terms of code, faster sorting by one key, etc. etc.

voix_kas:

I can't think of any practical necessity for a broker to correct the time of a transaction in history.

for example when running gateways. or when correcting balances/credits/withdrawals/replenishments.

it is quicker to sort by one key

time is the same long integer as the ticket. what difference does it make to you what to sort by? use QuickSort and don't make spherical deals in a vacuum :)

sergeev

Please have a constructive conversation when the interviewer asks for it. Your interview is essentially just gateways.

So, point by point:

1.how and why does the time change at the trade (not the order)?

2. How and why would a bona fide broker change the transaction ticket number.

3. Sorting by two criteria is lower than one. Please don't try to argue the obvious.

voix_kas:

1.how and why does the time of a trade (not an order) change?

because there is a human factor.

2. How and why would a bona fide broker change the transaction ticket number.

get lost :) the ticket cannot be changed.

3. Sorting by two criteria is lower than one. Please don't try to argue the obvious.

"lower"?

nicht ferstehen.

Reason: