Discussion of article "Using MetaTrader 5 Indicators with ENCOG Machine Learning Framework for Timeseries Prediction"

New article Using MetaTrader 5 Indicators with ENCOG Machine Learning Framework for Timeseries Prediction is published:

This article presents connecting MetaTrader 5 to ENCOG - Advanced Neural Network and Machine Learning Framework. It contains description and implementation of a simple neural network indicator based on a standard technical indicators and an Expert Advisor based on a neural indicator. All source code, compiled binaries, DLLs and an exemplary trained network are attached to the article.

Author: investeo

Dear investeo my friend,

My warm regards to you, I couldn't help but to comment on your astonishing article as soon as I have finished reading it,  and waited eagerly for it, 

you did a great job achieving solutions in the previous article and now you are showing us great integration of Encog with MT5 such effort must be highly applauded.

this article is the best I have ever read regarding trading (5 stars brother)

so again thank you very much.

Regards,

FM      2       Core 1  23:10:16        2000.01.01 00:00:00   Cannot open 'EncogNNTrainDLL.dll' (126)

Cannot open dll.

I have located it in the C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Libraries  and my terminal is running in the Main mode, any clues?

NFTrader:

Cannot open dll.

I have located it in the C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Libraries  and my terminal is running in the Main mode, any clues?

Hi NFTrader,

At first thank you for your words of gratitude, I am really thankful. In order to use the DLL you have to place ENCOG dll's in main MetaTrader 5 folder:

Because of "double DLL wrapping in .NET", the Cloo.dll, encog-core-cs.dll and log4net.dll files should be located in the folder of the client terminal. 
The EncogNNTrainDLL.dll file should be located in \Terminal Data folder\MQL5\Libraries\ folder.

I am out for holidays, I hope you and other traders will make it work.

Best Regards,

Investeo

Happy holiday to you hope you enjoy it.

I placed

The Cloo.dll, encog-core-cs.dll and log4net.dll files in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5

and

EncogNNTrainDLL.dll in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Libraries

but same error , anyone facing this problem ?

FI    d  2       Core 1  20:40:09        2000.01.01 00:00:00   Cannot open 'EncogNNTrainDLL.dll' (126)

Found a strange solution

I placed one copy of EncogNNTrainDll.dll in

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Libraries (For indicator )

and another copy in

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\tester\Agent-127.0.0.1-3000\MQL5\Libraries (For EA),

and created a files folder in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\tester\Agent-127.0.0.1-3000\MQL5\Files (so I can place the step5_network.eg)

and the EA worked!

But the indicator is not drawing, though when using the print function, it returns the value. (I am still working on it to figure out why its not drawing !)

Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / Print
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / Print - Documentation on MQL5

Excellent Article!!

Where did you get the Encog version 2.6???

The only one available for download is version 2.5.3, and it doesnt contain "Encog.App.Quant"...so I cant compile it.

Thanks

superluz:

Excellent Article!!

Where did you get the Encog version 2.6???

The only one available for download is version 2.5.3, and it doesnt contain "Encog.App.Quant"...so I cant compile it.

Thanks

After downloading the file EncogCSharp__2.zip

you will find it here

EncogCSharp__2.zip\EncogCSharp\NinjaIndicators\

Thanks a lot !

Hi,

Did any one with a 64 bit version of Metatrader could run it?

It keep crashing... :-(

I re-compile the "EncogNNTrainDLL.dll" for 64 bit.

But metatrader keep crashing..

Any input would be nice..

Yes...now its working..

I had to copy the "the Cloo.dll, encog-core-cs.dll and log4net.dll" on the root folder of where Metatrader was installed ...where the "Terminal64.exe" is. ;-)
Reason: