Errors, bugs, questions - page 388

To the developers.

What's the situation with the list of functions and procedures? It's really impossible to work properly with modules with more than 100 functions :(

sergeev:
Yes, that's exactly what happened during the update today.
It was like that before too, at least it happened sometimes. But it was cured not by such radical methods. And here I even didn't understand what helped, either getting rid of antivirus or rebooting...

Looking for a strategy tester... (Well, I'm really only at the stage of getting to know the interface) Found this:

If you press play in MQL editor. The Expert Advisor starts working on the new chart. The chart has default settings (colour scheme, scale, etc.). If to go to properties (or F8) - it is possible to adjust as you like.

But if I load a template (either previously saved or pre-installed) - the chart disappears and I get back to the window of editing of the Expert Advisor, which in its turn has been stopped. When switching back to the terminal, the tab where the Expert Advisor was working is no longer present.

Templates are loaded adequately in the terminal itself. The bug is only on the chart opened by the MQL editor when launching the Expert Advisor.

ADR:

In the terminal itself, the templates load adequately. The bug is only on the chart that the MQL editor opens when you run the Expert Advisor.

Try to call help in MetaEditor by F1 and go to debugging - https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/metaeditor/help/development/debug:

Presetting

Before you start debugging the program you should check its parameters in the "Debugging" tab of the MetaEditor's settings window. In it you can specify a symbol and a chart period, on which the debugging of applications will be performed. Such a chart will be temporarily created each time when debugging is started, and it will be deleted after the debugging completion.

The "debug.tpl" template located in /profiles/templates folder of the client terminal is applied to the chart created for debugging.

Many questions fall away after reading the help.

Read... The "debug.tpl" template applies - good. I'm not comfortable viewing the graph on it. Why can I change the graph via properties (colour scheme, etc., not period and symbol), but not via template loading?
Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartApplyTemplate
Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartApplyTemplate
  • www.mql5.com
Операции с графиками / ChartApplyTemplate - Документация по MQL5

MT-4 has an excellent (for me) function:
you can scale the ordinate axis with the left mouse button when the _Fix scale_ in the window properties is checked.
In MT-5 it is impossible to scale the ordinate axis when the scale is fixed --- very inconvenient !!!

Interesting:

This time I managed to start the terminal on the 10th attempt...

In the past, it has sometimes been difficult to start the terminal on the first try after an update. This time it went off without any problems. Vista.

ADR:
Read... The "debug.tpl" template applies - good. I'm not comfortable viewing the graph on it. Why can I change the chart via properties (colour scheme, etc., not period and symbol), but not via template loading?
Set up the chart however you want and save the chart template with the name "debug.tpl". Then when debugging, this chart will be loaded automatically.

ADR:
I've read it... The "debug.tpl" template is good. Viewing the chart on it makes me uncomfortable. Why can I change the chart through the properties (it's about the colour scheme, etc., not the period and symbol), but not through loading the template?
MetaDriver:
Set up the chart as you like and save the chart template with the name "debug.tpl". Then when debugging, this chart will be loaded automatically.

By the way, you can edit a template with MQL5, there is a corresponding class in the standard library (but it's for those who want to control everything and everywhere)...

Lizar:
It used to happen sometimes that it wasn't possible to start the terminal the first time after an update. This time it went without any problems. Vista.
Can't say for Vista, I don't use it. But in XP and Win 2003 this bug sometimes occurs. :(

Interesting:

By the way, you can edit a template with MQL5, there is a corresponding class in the standard library (but it's for those who want to control everything everywhere)...

Yes, no problem. I've been using this script for a year and a half now.
Files:

I try to compile script by calling mql5.exe, the script uses an includnik - it doesn't compile. I remove the invoke of the inluder - it compiles. It compiles in the editor with the includnik.
Reason: