Errors, bugs, questions - page 2811

fxsaber:

Can you suggest a third party program that can monitor CPU freezes?

I want to exclude (or confirm) this hypothesis of MT5 braking in real operation.

How exactly should I monitor? By process, the best way to see the recent history is ProcessExplorer.

Stanislav Korotky:

How exactly is it monitored? By process, ProcessExplorer best shows a recent history.

I see that some function in MQL was executed for tens or hundreds of milliseconds when it should be within one. I want to know if everything was freezing on the machine at that moment or it is an MT5 issue.

fxsaber:

I see that some function in MQL was running for tens or hundreds of milliseconds when it should be running in one. I want to understand if at that moment everything on the machine froze up or it is a problem of MT5.

Apparently, the program has to know how to handle the timer so that if the time from cut-off to cut-off is longer, the entire system is frozen. The servers have such a watchdog, it may be software, but servers are usually rebooted in such a case.

Directive a la:

#property tester_file "abc.csv"

stopped working - file exists but is not sent to agents. There are no errors in the logs. Was there such a problem?

PS. Rebooted by running it from under the debugger. File started to pick up. Wonderful.

fxsaber:

I see that some function in MQL was running for tens or hundreds of milliseconds when it should be running in one. I want to understand if at that moment everything on the machine froze or it was a problem with MT5.

Try to increase the priority of the MT5 processes to the maximum. With the results (freezes disappear or remain) you will be able to judge.

additionally, make sure that all critical hardware drivers are up to date.

fxsaber:

Can you suggest a third party program that can monitor CPU freezes?

I want to exclude (or confirm) this hypothesis of MT5 braking in real operation.

LatencyMon is worth a try

Error during execution:
enum E {
        e1 = 0,
        e2 = 1,
        e3 = 0
};
void OnStart()
{
        Print( "\"", EnumToString(e3), "\"" );
}

Result: "e1"

Expected: "e3".

at least it is not clear why e1 is better than e3

A100:
Error during execution:

Result: "e1"

Expected: "e3".

At least it is not clear why e1 is better than e3
Neither is it clear why e3 is better. The situation is moot in any case

Alexey Navoykov:
Neither is e3 better. The situation is moot in any case

In this case it is better at least by being explicitly stated

EnumToString(e3)

If there are several solutions and all are equivalent, either all must be represented by "E::e1:e3" (all identifiers), or the error that is produced when no solution is better than another "E::0" (value instead of identifier)

fxsaber:

Look up the topic of OS for audio. When building a PC-based audio system, a lot of attention is paid to bitperfectness. This is especially true of the system timer and process priorities. Special minimalistic OS builds are created to leave a minimum number of processes, disable wifi and other unnecessary equipment, increase the priority of the player, set the maximum timer frequency, etc., etc.

DPC Latency Checker
Reason: