Errors, bugs, questions - page 1748

fxsaber:

In your case, if you get very nerdy, you can pick on the bar creation mechanism, but not on CopyTicks.

I don't agree with you, because errors in logs, which I demonstrated in a branch about testing of CopyTicks(), show the opposite. And... what are you talking about? Are we making some kind of assumptions here, like "will it get / won't it get"? You're the one who complained a few posts above about the problem!? What difference does it make then? So what if one tick overtakes the other, what difference does it make!?

fxsaber:
However, your post did give me an idea. Perhaps the tic problems you and I have are not so different...

Alexey Kozitsyn:
I don't agree with you, because errors in logs, which I demonstrated in a branch about testing CopyTicks(), tell the opposite
Unfortunately, I don't understand the problem on logs, when there is no code.

fxsaber:
Unfortunately, I don't understand the problem by the logs when there is no code.
I have described the problem, yes, with the code I am only in the CD, there are several files.

fSergei Vladimirov:

Simply, the constant "1" in the b.f( 1 ) call is interpreted as int. Do an explicit conversion and everything will work:

b.f( (uint)1 ); 

The question was: what's wrong with B::f(uint)? (implicit conversion).

I'd like to add: why does the compiler need to analyze protected\private sections in this case at all if you can do without them?

There is a seemingly insignificant private case and a more general one. At first I did not pay much attention to this difference from C++ but in time I came to the conclusion that it is more essential. The simplest examples may not reveal the whole point.

Yes, I understand your question. There's a function with a better signature, but it can't be called because it's protected. Yes, the behaviour is different from studio: in MKL, it turns out, there's stricter type control (in this case). I don't know if that should be considered a bug. If you control the type of the argument passed to the function, there is no problem.

I have made a tick indicator in kodobase. But I can't attach the sources - I press "Attach files", the inscription disappears, but the interface for selecting files doesn't appear.

fxsaber:
I have made a tick indicator in kodobase. But I can't attach the source files - I press "Attach files", the inscription disappears, but the interface for selecting files doesn't appear.
It seems that Chrome is glitchy. Try using IE.

Why does the compiler only report unused variables in functions? It would be very convenient to see unused variables throughout the project.

Vladimir Karputov:
Chrome must have glitched. Try using IE.
Seems to be restricted in rights. That's a shame.
Reason: