Errors, bugs, questions - page 1693

fxsaber:

There really is no dog there. The priority in overload can be set in the compiler, as the developers did with the first two calls.

Well, they didn't in the third one. I still insist that this example is a programmer's mistake. Of course, it's good that the compiler fixes some of these errors, but they are still errors.

Комбинатор:
Yes, but my understanding is that it shouldn't be there at all )
Are you saying that the compiler should have guessed for f(5) to call it?
void f(const int x)
We discussed this somewhere recently with you on the example of OnBookEvent performance.

Sergei Vladimirov:
Well, in the third one, they didn't. I still insist that this example is a programmer's error. It's good, of course, that the compiler fixes some of these errors, but they are still errors.
This is not an error but a language feature. Which is quite reasonable to use since it exists.

fxsaber:
Are you saying that the compiler should have guessed for f(5) to call this?
In theory, yes.

Комбинатор:
In theory, yes.
But now you can control it yourself. I.e. more flexible language in the 0.01% of the time you may need it.

fxsaber:
It's not an error, it's a feature of the language. Which it is reasonable to use, as long as it is there.

Well, a peculiarity is a peculiarity.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Bugs, bugs, questions

fxsaber, 2016.09.16 22:56

What does the rightmost icon mean in Service Desk?

fxsaber:

Tooltips will be added shortly.

The first icon is "in progress".

Andrey Dik:

What spread values does theCopySpread() function producefor the corresponding chart period?

It is not clear whether it is the average, minimum or maximum, and the help of the function does not say anything about it.

fxsaber:
There is a classic design for classes
Is anything like this possible for structures?
It is possible.
Reason: