Errors, bugs, questions - page 843

Cronus:
Your details are accepted

notused:
The tasks will be repeated on other cores. By the way, the local + remote agents work fine, what can not be said about the cloud - every now and then it hangs, delaying all testing (for the past couple of days this has happened at least a dozen times).

And I often have after using

Visual test==>Optimisation==>Visual test... (--\\--)

opens the run in a new tester window, the old one falls off and one of the agents along with it so,

that if we run optimization again, its status is failed. I have to check each time that both agents are running and restart optimization.

Sometimes it simply crashes with run-time error. I haven't noticed it before, but I haven't used it too often either. But now I feel like this.

I don't know, maybe I just have too little memory. Who has something similar?

Question/suggestion.

Is there an option to pause it during optimization, write state to file to resume from the same state later? (I couldn't find such a possibility, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough). Not always have enough money for cloud, so I would like e.g. to start optimization, suspend and record this state, then continue, etc. I see that people here also complain about the cloud and interruptions during optimization.

My suggestion: include the ability to record the optimization state at certain stages. For example, when you press button like "Pause and Save" and record the file or set it to record automatically at 10% step of passed optimization. It helps to reduce stress - you set optimization for several hours, when light switch off (or kid was in the socket) and well, you start all over again. Or at the end of optimization there is a bummer in the cloud, and it is a pity for the money spent, and this way you can finish it later.

paladin800:

Question/suggestion.

From the help:

During genetic optimisation, intermediate results are stored in the cache after each generation calculation (terminal_data_folder/tester/cache/*.gen). Thus, the genetic optimization process can be interrupted at any moment. Even if the process of genetic optimization is interrupted as a result of an external factor (for example, a power outage), the optimization will automatically continue from the last calculated generation at the next start. The genetic optimisation cache is stored until the optimisation settings are changed or the optimisation process is complete.

From help:

If you stop the optimization normally (with the "Stop" button), all previously calculated passes will be saved. If optimization is resumed, the process will continue from where it was stopped.

Alexx:

From the reference:

From the reference:

Thanks for the info, I didn't see it that way, I'll know and I'll go through it again.

Alexx:

From the help:

When optimisation is stopped normally (with the "Stop" button), all previously calculated passes are saved. If optimisation is resumed, the process will continue from where it was stopped.
Unfortunately, this rule is not always implemented. Sometimes when trying to resume optimization, all local agents get a 'failed' status. Maybe, of course, 'all previously calculated passes are saved', but the optimization process itself is interrupted.

Not so long ago there was a situation that agents were posturing and standing, but with the latest build it says it's fixed. I haven't failed yet.

Karlson: Failed I haven't had one yet.
Just caught it the day before yesterday. 64-bit version. Maybe, of course, I remembered the word wrong. But it was short, definitely not autorization.

Yedelkin:
Unfortunately, this rule is not always satisfied. Sometimes when trying to resume optimization, all local agents take a 'failed' status. Maybe, of course, 'all previously calculated passes are saved', but the optimization process itself is interrupted.
Have you restarted the computer and then started the same optimization and did it start from the first run or from the one where it might have ended?

paladin800:
Have you tried restarting the computer and then starting the same optimisation, and did it start with the first run or the one where it might have ended
Rebooted (32 bit, build 687). The optimization didn't start with the first run - the runs that had been run before were already highlighted and reflected in the optimization graph.
Reason: