Errors, bugs, questions - page 1568

Today's update has conveniently organized the work in the portfolio - thank you. Only there's something wrong with the filter in the RELATED tab - the works in progress are diluted with completed, new and something else

---

And since you've got it going that way, can you do that too?

Alexander Puzanov:

If the site's layout designers removed the "Link" column and attached the link to the text in the "Operation" column, it would be great - there would be twice as much space under the job title and it would even be possible to read it

Adept:

Hi all, can you tell me how to make this cancer not appear in the code? It's getting fatter and lengthens the length of the module.

it's a styling bug if the brackets are wrong or crooked

Alexander Bereznyak:

it's a styling bug if the brackets are incorrect or crooked

Is it? I think he's just got Ctrl+> stuck.

Adept:

Hi all, can you tell me how to make this cancer not appear in the code? It's getting fatter and lengthens the length of the module.

I also encountered this problem, perhaps it is connected with the code styler, and the empty description blocks were inserted not only before the functions, but before the bodies of loops, switch, if operators... With a large amount of code - this bug is really causing a lot of trouble. But I haven't managed to find out the reasons for this "rubbish".

Regards...

Ruslan Khasanov:

I also encountered this problem, perhaps it is connected with the code styler, and the empty description blocks were inserted not only before the functions, but before the bodies of loops, operators - switch, if... This bug is really troublesome with a large amount of code. But I haven't managed to find out the reasons for this "rubbish".

Regards...

There is always one reason: an error in your code. For instance, you didn't put a ";" at the end of a line and launched stylization and other similar errors.

Karputov Vladimir:
There is always one reason: an error in your code. For example, you didn't put ";" at the end of the line and started styling and similar errors.
I agree that the cause is a syntax error, but why so "rubbish", can you imagine how much "rubbish" can arise in the source code of more than 10K lines...

Ruslan Khasanov:
I agree that the reason is a syntax error, but why "rubbish" so much, can you imagine how much "rubbish" can arise in a source of more than 10K lines...
Why do you use a styler at all? I understand if you want to publish your code in an article or code base (for this purpose it must be passed through a styler by local rules), or if you parse other people's code, which is written in an unreadable style without any formatting at all. But if you write it yourself, then write it accurately in the style you feel comfortable with, why would you need a styler for that?

Sergei Vladimirov:
Why do you use a styler at all? Sure, if you want to publish your code in an article or code base (for that the local rules require passing the code through a styler), or if you are parsing someone else's code, which is written in an unreadable style without any formatting at all. But if you write by yourself, then write directly to accurately in the style that is convenient to you, in this case, why do you need a styler?
So the question is not whether or not to use a styling tool.

Ruslan Khasanov:
So the question is not whether or not to use a styliser.
It's about what?

Artyom Trishkin:
What is it?
Why does "rubbish" appear when using a styliser?
Reason: