Errors, bugs, questions - page 1477

Sergey Basov:
And on those computers where UAC is enabled and no admin rights, are the terminals installed in C:\Program Files ? Or do you bring the terminals on a flash drive?

There is a terminal installed and there is a terminal just dumped on a disk in an arbitrary folder.

I only run them in portable mode.

-Aleks-:

There's a terminal installed and there's a terminal just dumped onto a drive in an arbitrary folder.

I only run them in portable mode.

If MT4 and ME from an arbitrary folder with write permission for the current user do not work in portable mode, then it is very strange.

Sergey Basov:
If MT4 and ME from an arbitrary folder with write permissions for the current user doesn't work in portable mode, then it's already very strange.

That's what I mean - just tried running ME on the netbook where the robots are spinning, through the tester - got a message in the log

2016.01.26 17:33:39.920 MetaEditor not found

Sergey Basov:

Terminals are not installed in C:\Program Files ?

I too find portable much more convenient than having several long paths with chaotic character sets in them. It's easy to get confused if there are multiple terminals.

No, not in C:\Program Files - each in its own folder at the root of D:

-Aleks-:

It's not always possible to work on my home computer - there are other places where I have time to think about code, and I don't have admin rights there.

I've been using portable mode for a long time, and it used to work correctly with UAC, but now ME from build 840 works, but not 950 - on the same machine.

What build?

-Aleks-:

That's what I mean - just tried running ME on the netbook where the robots are spinning, through the tester - got a message in the log

This error has been there for a long time. It's not clear with what sequence it appears, but I think it depends on the amount of physical memory.

-Aleks-:

I recall someone else complaining about antiviruses, that some even uninstalled MT and ME.

Sergey Basov:
I recall someone else complaining about antiviruses, some even uninstalling MT and ME.
Once upon a time a long time ago, DRWEB was and still is - at the moment it's OK.

Artyom Trishkin:
This error has been there for a long time. It's not clear with what sequence it appears, but I think it depends on the amount of physical memory.

But on the 840 everything works!

Sergey Basov:
I recall someone else complaining about antiviruses, that some even uninstalled MT and ME.

There are no antiviruses.

Here's the thing - pressed once more and fussed and started up...
Reason: