Iron tips - page 12

WChas:

http://video.yandex.ru/users/powexr/view/180/

A. Gerchik's video presentation. Stock market, he talks about it in an interesting way. And at minute 72 (who is too lazy to watch from the beginning to the end) he raises the question of iron for trading. I advise to watch it.

About moiters I agree. A minimum of two is a must. I personally would not refuse even three (I trade different instruments and several accounts).

Why does the robot need monitors? I have an EA that runs on a netbook. I look at the table once a day and turn off the screen. A second computer for development - that's all!

Interesting:

So why 12 stumps?

Firstly, 4-core PCs are quite affordable now. You can gradually build up a "fleet" of PCs.

Secondly, three computers are far more reliable than one.

Thirdly, I'm sure they will cost less than a 12 core CPU.

PS

About possibility to buy 2 CPUs on a motherboard right now, although with such an arrangement the total number of cores would be 24...

Or maybe the easiest way is to use

A multi-core testing network for all comers?

Then two cores would be enough.

Jager:
Or maybe the easiest way is to use

A multi-core testing network for all comers?

In that case two cores will be enough.

I agree, in most cases the network is much more interesting as a solution for certain tasks.

But there are bottlenecks here, an example of which would be the use of DLLs or similar solutions.

Also, it's not always convenient to use such networks for testing (for various reasons).

PS

As for the point of my post, and it's not that far from "testing network" (if you read it carefully of course).

Erm955:

And why would a robot need monitors. I have an EA running on a netbook at all. It looks at the table once a day and turns off the screen. A second computer for development - that's all!

If a debugged automatic device working without human participation - the monitor is not needed by idea, if a human participation is necessary - you need to look how and what...

Если отлаженному автомату работающему без участия человека  - монитор по идеи не нужен, если человеческое участие необходимо то тут уже нужно смотреть что и как...

Well, we are kind of in an automated forum, that's why I replied. The trader surrounded by several giant screens will most likely become a thing of the past. A trend, however!

A developer's computer, on the other hand, is still very powerful. No matter how much computing power grows, it is still lacking. And cloud testing requires reliable and fast Internet (not everyone has it yet, but it looks like it will soon).

Erm955:

And cloud testing requires reliable and fast Internet (not everyone has it yet, but it looks like they will soon).

1. Need a reliable one? When communication breaks down, testing continues on the local agents. When connectivity is restored, the network agents are connected.

2. fast? Is 25 Kbytes/sec fast? It's already fast enough, isn't it?

Jager:

1. Need a reliable one? When communication breaks down, testing continues on the local agents. When communication is re-established, network agents are connected.

2. fast? Is 25kbytes/sec fast? It's already fast enough.

Thanks. Jager! Just haven't worked with remote agents yet. You're our expert now. Maybe I'll join your club soon.

Saving up money, looking at

HP PAVILION dv7-4121erhttp://market.yandex.ru/model.xml?modelid=6433548&hid=91013

Can you suggest a good choice or is it worth looking elsewhere?

Interesting:
A word of advice! I've always used a Samsung - I'm happy as can be. Now I've found a suitable configuration from Lenovo. It is clear that both are made in China. Have I understood correctly that Lenovo has made a good reputation? I haven't encountered any products of this company before.

Yedelkin:
Help! I've always used Samsung, and am very happy with it. Now I've found a suitable configuration from Lenovo. It's clear that both devices are made in China. Have I understood correctly that Lenovo has made a good reputation? I've never encountered any products by this company before.

If Lenovo is not grey (no matter China or not) and you are completely satisfied with it, it is better in my opinion to take it.

Lenovo once bought the PC division of IBM (and even produced hardware under that brand). I hope it is superfluous to tell about IBM... :)

Another thing is that China is different from China, and then you need to carefully weigh everything and ask about the warranty (how? Where? How long will it take? and so on).

If you can even get units to verify the legality of importation into Russia it would be altogether wonderful.

And this is what has long been written about the company on Wikipedia

History

Founded in 1984 by a group of Chinese scientists with funding from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the company was originally called New Technology Developer Incorporated (two years later Legend) and specialized in the supply of computer equipment to China and the development of character encoding.

In 2003, the company changed its name to Lenovo and in December 2004 it announced that it was buying the personal computer division of US company IBM for $1.25 billion (the deal was completed in May 2005). Under the terms of the deal, Lenovo could use the IBM brand until 2010, now that company's products are only available under the Lenovo brand.

Lenovo — Википедия
  • ru.wikipedia.org
Тип Листинг на бирже Год основания Расположение Ключевые фигуры Отрасль Оборот Операционная прибыль Чистая прибыль Число сотрудников Дочерние компании Сайт Lenovo Group Limited (по-русски произносится Лено́во Груп Лимитед; кит. трад. , упр. , пиньинь: liánxiǎng, палл.: ляньсян, полное название — кит. ) (SEHK...
Reason: