Wishes for MT5 - page 71

stringo:

I'll tell you a secret. Just do it.

Turns out they didn't cut it off. You can return simple structures. But keep in mind that in this case you will have to add 2 extra copies - copying into the tempo structure on the stack and copying from the tempo structure into the result structure

Ugh. Checked it, it really works. Apparently it was disconnected for a while though. I remember, once there was a debug with rational numbers(here), I wrote a library to check the speed and tried to return structures from functions while writing. Well, it didn't work then. But it works well now. And it works well.

I hope it will stay like that.

What about excessive copying? You just should understand it and try not to use it in time-critical loops. And it is more convenient to use assignment of the x=f(y, z) kind in the simplest one-time constructions;

Thank you.

There is a suggestion to write Success or Errors:N in the status bar in green and red respectively, and to position the first error in the editor if there is an error (compilation failed).
Now the compilation always ends "silently" regardless of the result, and the list of warnings and errors may not be completely visible and one gets the feeling that everything is fine and ex5 is not.

marketeer:
There is a suggestion to write Success or Errors:N in the status bar in green and red respectively, and to position the first error in the editor if there is an error (compilation failed).
Now the compilation always finishes "silently" regardless of the result, the list of warnings and errors may not be completely visible and it feels like everything is normal and ex5 is not.
Check "Autoscroll" and you'll be happy....

Developers: Please make it possible to see more or less complete account information when right-clicking on an account in the "Navigator". For example, you could do it in the same way as the "Properties" for symbols is done.

Lizar:
Developers: Please make it possible to see more or less complete account information when right-clicking on an account in the "Navigator". For example, you can do the same as "Properties" for symbols.
Also make it possible to find out the ip server address, or tell me how to connect to the account from a terminal different from the one in which it is opened, knowing the account username and password.

It would be good to make conditional compilation directives.

Dima_S:
It would be a good idea to introduce conditional compilation directives.

What directives and why?

We have already discussed this. We have found out that we can make do with the existing functionality.

stringo:

What directives and why?

We have already discussed this. We found out that it is possible to do without the existing functionality.

I recently encountered one. The Expert Advisor uses DLL, for non-trading purposes (debugging, study of the trading process and the properties of a trading system).

When optimizing, you can do without it and thereby open up the possibility of optimizing in the cloud.

We had to make two versions of the Expert Advisor and make changes at the same time, which is bad and unreliable.

I can easily imagine a couple of other situations when conditional compilation is reasonable.

That is, in principle, it is desirable, but of course you can do without it.

Summary: If it is difficult - do not do it or put it at the end of the queue. And if it is easy - better let it be.

MetaDriver:

I have recently encountered it. The Expert Advisor uses DLL for non-trading tasks (debugging, study of the trading process and trading system properties).

When optimising, it is possible to dispense with it and thus open up the possibility of optimising in the cloud.

We are planning to do later linking of dll functions. That is, as long as there is no reference to the function, DLL will not be loaded.

Then you will be able to fully use the IsTesting and IsDLLAllowed flags without any conditional compilation.

stringo:

We have plans to do late binding of dll functions. That is, until there is no reference to the function, the DLL won't be loaded.

Then the IsTesting and IsDLLAllowed flags can be used without any conditional compilation.

Then yes. This is even more convenient - you won't need to recompile.
Reason: