Wishes for MT5 - page 43

I want to install several MT5 instances on one machine. When starting the tester for each instance, the entire history for the symbol selected for testing is downloaded forcibly. But it already exists on the same machine (assuming that all instances work with accounts of one brokerage company)! Allow the user to specify the path to the quotation databases for testing and select the history periods to be downloaded (at least to the nearest year).

Ashes:

But it already exists on the same machine (assuming all instances work with accounts of the same DC)!

If the accounts in one brokerage house, and in one terminal all the history for the symbol is already downloaded, nothing prevents you from copying this history to other terminals?

alexvd:
If the accounts in one brokerage company and in one terminal all the history of the symbol is already downloaded, nothing prevents you from copying this history to other terminals?
And disk space? As you know, it always tends to zero!

Dear developers!

Please add ChartFocus or CharActivate function or something else to make it possible to activate the required chart programmatically.

Very useful and necessary thing, especially when there is a function of creating charts, applying templates to them, etc.

I hope that my petty request will not go unheeded.

It would be good to make the strategy tester a separate application (like MetaEditor), because there are many functions and bookmarks and we would like to observe several bookmarks at the same time. It would be much more convenient to see both optimization results and charts at the same time, as well as test the visualization in the charts window in parallel. In this case the main terminal will be closed and will not absorb unnecessary resources. Anyway, before you start trading, you will spend not one month or even a year in the tester - the terminal is obviously not needed. And it would be better to have a large and convenient application with simultaneous display of all windows, point and 2D charts, with the possibility to minimize windows in tabs to save space.
I wonder how feasible this is to implement?

Even if separation of applications is not feasible, as an option we could add the ability to turn tester bookmarks into separate windows, and in saving the current profile be sure to add saving the presence and location of windows, not just the character graphics. In this way, it would be possible to save profiles for trading and for testing separately, with windows enabled and disabled where needed and where not needed, and in the right location.

Shurik740:

It would be good to make the strategy tester a separate application (like MetaEditor)

Makes sense. Seconded by.

Lizar:
Makes sense. I second that.

why redo it? as it stands now, it could well be considered separate!

Put in a second terminal and test as much as you want in your template.

sergeev:

why redo it? as it stands now, it may well be considered standalone!

put in a second terminal and test as much as you like in your template.

Hmm, makes sense too.

But I always wanted to run the tester as a function (or OOP class) inside the EA. Then we could manage the testing/optimization process much more effectively than now. After all, now even the sequential testing by history periods is done from a tab, not by a program. It would be convenient to create some testing/optimization program, and then run tester on it autonomously (e.g. overnight) . It would not be a bad idea to do this inside a small DBMS.

sergeev:

why redo it? as it stands now, it may well be considered standalone!

put in a second terminal and test as much as you like in your template.

Yes, but separate windows instead of tabs (which is now), was really more convenient. And if during optimization there was also parallel testing in visualization mode, it would be a fairy tale...
Reason: