Question for the Admins

Hello, a question has arisen with the tester, I need it to run all available history to collect statistics, but there is a limit of 1999...

I understand that the results won't be accurate and all that... But given that I will be using stops of the size of the daily range I think this can be neglected, especially as it is just an additional collection of information...

Is it possible to bypass the restrictions in 1999 to run everything possible...

Thanks in advance...

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства сделок
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства сделок
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства сделок - Документация по MQL5

S4kam:

Hello, a question has arisen with the tester, I need it to run all available history to collect statistics, but there is a limit of 1999...

I understand that the results won't be accurate and all that... But given that I will be using daily range stops I think this can be neglected, especially as it's just additional information gathering...

Is it possible to bypass the restrictions in 1999 to run everything possible...

Thanks in advance...

What's the symbol and what's the period, as I understand EURUSD?

We will gradually increase the depth of history, although for dates older than 2000 there will only be diaries.

Renat:
We will gradually increase the depth of history, but for dates older than 2000 there will only be daily records.

Renat!

Could you elaborate on the technical aspects? As I understand it, to avoid errors of desynchronization, all periods should be obtained from minutes:

Хранение промежуточных данных

Полученные с сервера данные автоматически распаковываются и сохраняются в специальном промежуточном формате HCC. Данные по каждому символу пишутся в отдельную папку каталог_терминала\bases\имя_сервера\history\имя_символа. 
Например, данные по символу EURUSD  с торгового сервера MetaQuotes-Demo будут находиться в папке каталаг_терминала\bases\MetaQuotes-Demo\history\EURUSD\. 

Данные записываются в файлы с расширением .hcc, каждый файл хранит данные минутных баров за год. Например, файл 2009.hcc в папке EURUSD содержит минутные бары по символу EURUSD за 2009 год. 
Эти файлы используются для подготовки ценовых данных по всем таймфреймам и не предназначены для прямого доступа.

And how will the daily logs be stored? After all, based on the daily data the higher timeframes are formed, for example the monthly timeframe. Will it be composed of minutes or dailies?

AlexSTAL:

Renat!

Could you elaborate on the technical aspects? As I understand it, all periods should be derived from minutes to avoid desynchronisation errors:

And how would the daily data be stored? After all, the higher timeframes are formed based on daily data, for example the monthly timeframe. Will it be added to minutes or dailies?

1. Like it is now on the deep history.

Only daily bars are formed correctly and spreads and volumes appear on them at a certain moment. Higher order TFs are formed more or less correctly on the basis of these data.

As for the lower TFs, they are formed with skips (only bars at 00:00 server time are broken).

2. Renat, an additional question - will the depth of history be increased for calculation of indices (like now for EURUSD in 1992) or will the bars be loaded with data on spreads and volumes (which, in your idea, will make it possible to use Expert Advisors on the deep history on D1 bars)?

Interesting:

1. As it is now on deep history.

Only daily bars are correct, with spreads and volumes appearing on them from a certain point onwards. Higher order TFs are formed, more or less correctly on the basis of this data.

As for the lower TFs, they are formed with skips (only bars at 00:00 server time are broken).

2. Renat, an additional question - will the depth of history be increased to calculate the indices (like now for EURUSD in 1992) or will the bars be loaded with spread and volume data (which, in your idea, will make it possible to use Expert Advisors on the deep D1 bars history)?

Well... I looked at it now... one minute there equals a whole day.... cool approach....

AlexSTAL:
Oh man... I looked it up now... one minute of it equals a whole day.... Nice approach....

1. there are some brokerage companies that are too lazy to load the history, as soon as they set up a server, the history is uploaded.

How do you work with history if it's only three months old?

2. Developers, ok, maybe you don't need volumes on a deep history, but you should at least put a conditional spread...

Interesting:

How can you work with history if it's only been there for three months?

Make it compulsory to download history from MT5 servers when you buy MT5 :)

Yedelkin:
Make it compulsory to download history from MT5 servers when buying MT5 :)
Good option, I'm for it. But there is one BUT - the history on server of developers, not for all symbols, even for those that I trade (not to mention brokerage companies)...

Interesting:
Good option, I'm for it. One thing is BUT - the history on the server developers not for all the characters, even those that I trade (about TC I am already silent) ...
Uh-huh ... and the worst thing is that now you can not upload your history at all....

Interesting:
Good option, I'm for it. But there is one BUT - the history on the server developers not for all symbols, even those that I trade (about CA I am already silent)...
I agree, I think narrowly - only in relation to currency pairs available to MQ.
Reason: