Naive beginner's strategies. - page 7

Tag Konow:

Sounds about right...

How relevant is the use of machine learning in trading really?

Sometimes it seems that you as a Markov chain forget everything that was written in the branch before, that this is the most difficult topic, which begins to be studied after many and many passed others.

Read plz the definition of MO and don't write any more nonsense... of course it is relevant, and very diverse it can be.

But it's already beyond the mental capacity of previous commenters, that's why so much criticism. even genetic algorithm, which is built into MT5 optimizer a long time ago, is included in MO, has any of the grief commenters ever used it effectively? :)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Sometimes it feels like you are like a Markov chain, forgetting everything that has been written in the thread before.

Read up on the definition of MO and don't write any more nonsense... of course it's relevant, and it can be very varied.

But it's already beyond the mental capacity of the previous commenters, that's why so much criticism. Even the genetic algorithm, which is built into MT5 optimizer long time ago, is there anyone from mountainous commenters even once effectively used it? :)

I've never said anything about the MO from the technical point of view. I was discussing the correctness of its application in trading. Whether or not to rely on it when making trade decisions.

I was talking about the meaning of the action, and you are talking about the "mechanics" of it.

It's like if I were to tell you that a hammer is not suitable for fixing a computer in terms of common sense, and you would reply to me, - "don't write nonsense, you know nothing about hammers! Read about them here and there!").

Tag Konow:

Sounds about right...

Do you think the fact that Alexander Topchilo's neural network Expert Advisor (Better) won the Championship in 2007 by a wide margin? Or maybe not everyone knows how to cook correctly and when they fail, they criticize it? I am neutral in this topic, neither for nor against, because I do not use ME. Just reasoning.

Tag Konow:

I wasn't saying anything about MO from a technical point of view. I was arguing about the correctness of its application in the field of trading. About whether it should be relied upon to make trading decisions.

I was talking about the sense of action, and you were talking about the "mechanics" of it.

It's like me telling you that a common sense hammer is not good for fixing a computer, and you telling me "don't write nonsense, you don't know anything about hammers! Read about them here and there!").

The correctness of its application is absolutely sound, but the application is counterintuitive... it's hard to perceive things that are more complex than all of our experience combined. People don't have it in their heads how they can control processes they don't realize. Hence the whole chorus, from the banal lack of understanding of the topic :) so learn to learn and learn again, asVladimir Perervenko once advised me and I am steadily following it

khorosh:

Do you think the fact that Alexander Topchilo's neural network Expert Advisor (Better) won the Championship in 2007 by a wide margin? Or maybe not everyone knows how to cook correctly and when they fail, they criticize it? I am neutral in this topic, neither for nor against, because I do not use ME. Just reasoning.

At one of the championships won the user "xupypr". Later he posted his trading robot's algorithm. There were only two moving averages whose values he selected in the tester. The EA weighed 5 kb.

So what is the advantage of your example?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

The right application is absolutely sound, but the application is counterintuitive...it's hard to perceive things that are more complex than all of our experiences combined. People don't have it in their heads how they can control processes they are not aware of. Hence the whole chorus, from a banal lack of understanding of the subject :) so learn to learn and learn again, asVladimir Perervenko once advised me and I steadily follow it

You have to learn, of course. I agree with you 100%.

Just do not forget about common sense. The meaning is the most important thing. And you can understand it in two minutes.

Before taking up learning to master a complex tool, it is necessary to be sure of its effectiveness for the task at hand. Otherwise, you might just waste your time.

But if you believe in the effectiveness of MO in trading and want to continue to study it, then I will only support you. Everyone goes his own way and forms his own worldview.

In trading or not, the new knowledge will still be useful.

Tag Konow:

One of the championships was won by the user "xupypr". Later he showed the algorithm of his robot. There were only two moving averages whose values he picked up in the tester. The Expert Advisor weighed 5 Kb.

The EA on two scales worked long enough and that is just a coincidence. It also happens with MO when the model is small but works long enough and effectively. That is also just a coincidence. It happens, but to say that this is a pattern, at least silly.

With regard to training what you give as input is what you get. If data are the cause for price, then on the non-sampling area the work of such a model will correspond to the market mood. If it takes weather conditions as an input and asks to forecast the market, it may receive it in one hundred cases. Then in one out of a hundred cases, the model may be lucky and work properly.

And as it has been correctly noted, the market is won by the one who has more recent, exclusive and important information for a particular market.

"He who owns the information owns the world" Winston Churchill.

In our case, "He who owns the information owns the market" And immediately a question to the inhabitants. I know what information you need to know about the market to be able to predict it correctly enough. But the question is different. How to collect it. I know what to collect, but I do not know how to do it automatically. There are ideas????

Mihail Marchukajtes:

And as it was rightly noted, the market is won by the one who has more recent, exclusive and important information for a particular quotient.

"He who owns the information owns the world" Winston Churchill.

In our case, "He who owns the information owns the market" And immediately a question to the inhabitants. I know what information you need to know about the market to be able to predict it correctly enough. But the question is different. How to collect it. I know what to collect, but I do not know how to do it automatically. Any ideas????

This is what we need to strive for! Enriching information available electronically to Expert Advisors! We need more data. We need more sophisticated Expert Advisors able to analyze the volumes, the open interest, even the economic calendar events. That's when the MO can be applied much more effectively.

Tag Konow:

This is what one should strive for! To enrich the information available in electronic form to Expert Advisors! We need more data! We need more sophisticated Expert Advisors that can analyze the volume, open interest, even the economic calendar events. That's when MO can be applied much more effectively.

In this case, the MO will be a helping hand, because it is able to automatically build a model and work with it, and not to discover the patterns manually in order to then shove the logic into the Expert Advisor, etc.

Tag Konow:

One of the championships was won by the user "xupypr". Later he showed the algorithm of his robot. There were only two moving averages whose values he picked up in the tester. The Expert Advisor weighed 5 kb.

So, as far as I understand, you believe thatVetteg's victorywas a fluke. But here, in addition to the contest, somewhere slipped the information that he is making good money on real accounts.
Reason: