Can you tell me how to determine the direction of the trend? - page 3

AlexeyFX:
Is it a channel? My understanding of a channel is that it consists of 2 parallel lines.

+++

It has to be parallel.

AlexeyFX:

Is it a channel? My understanding of a channel is that it consists of 2 parallel lines.

Ishim, it was argued here that price moves in a channel ALWAYS, i.e. the whole chart can be drawn in channels.

it's not a market pair - there's manual control there, although you can say purely market ones are almost non-existent.

If you want to be sure of that, you may use a lot of channels and they will point in different directions on different timeframes.

Ishim:

it is not a market pair - there are manual controls, although you could say pure market ones are almost non-existent.

There may be some truth in that. Although to be fair I would point out that manual control is only triggered when trying to go below 1.2000, which hasn't been the case for a long time. But manual control can still be neither an explanation nor an excuse. After all, then one would have to at least distinguish between "market" and "non-market" pairs and handle them differently. But the list of problems does not end there either.

Many people in general tend to divide a complex task into many variants. And they do not seem to care about the fact that even after splitting it up they cannot solve any of the resulting set of smaller problems.

Wouldn't it make more sense to draw a simpler and more logical conclusion? Trends do not exist. At least in the form of channels. Or any straight lines at all. There is only the direction in which the price will move in the absence of external forces. And external forces exist too.

AlexeyFX:

Ishim, it has been stated here that price moves in a channel ALWAYS, i.e. the entire chart can be drawn in channels.

This is what my creation came up with:

DhP:
This is the right way to go:

Categorically disagree. Which is more likely to be the blue line of development or the green one? Also, in my case there is not one top touch, but three, which is a trend.

ktest0:

This is what my creation produced:

As I've written before, I want to see the entire chart drawn in channels. That is, the price must be in a channel at any given time.

But even the only channel you have drawn is questionable, or rather the beginning of that channel. It is drawn according to the points at the end of the channel, that is after most of the movement (if not all of it) has already happened. Perhaps, it may be useful for analysts to explain the events that have already happened, but it does not help traders.

AlexeyFX:

There may be some truth in this. Although, to be fair, I would point out that manual override is only activated when attempting to go below 1.2000, which has not been the case for a long time. But manual control can still be neither an explanation nor an excuse. After all, then one would have to at least distinguish between "market" and "non-market" pairs and handle them differently. But the list of problems does not end there either.

Many people in general tend to divide a complex task into many variants. And they do not seem to care about the fact that even after splitting it up they cannot solve any of the resulting set of smaller problems.

Wouldn't it make more sense to draw a simpler and more logical conclusion? Trends do not exist. At least in the form of channels. Or any straight lines at all. There is only a direction in which the price will move in the absence of external forces. And the external forces also exist.

If you do not know the difference between the yen and the non-market ones, it is better to postpone until better times (right now the yen is not a market one).

the ts is simple, taking into account the complexities - use statistics to check everything.

No, we have trend lines, the same channels, horizontal accumulations - it's almost a full list of TA's. And what is a direction, is it not a trend? - about a third of the trend is still moving by inertia.

ktest0:

Categorically disagree. Which is more likely the blue line of development or the green one, besides in my case there is not one top touch but three, which is a trend.

I leave that to you.

AlexeyFX:

As I've written before, I want to see the WHOLE chart, painted with channels. That is, the price must be in a channel at any given time.

But even the only channel you have drawn is questionable, or rather the beginning of that channel. It is drawn according to the points at the end of the channel, that is after most of the movement (if not all of it) has already happened. Probably, it may be useful for analysts to explain the events that have already happened, but it does not help traders.

Do not forget that the paradox of building a channel is that the channel already exists - we just outline it.

And what about the whole chart - it is in the channel - besides the shallow one, there are two more channels drawn from the higher TF (darker colour), so the whole chart is in channels... ;)

ktest0:

Don't forget that the paradox of building a channel is that there is already a channel - we just outline it.

And as for the whole chart - it's already in a channel - there are two more channels besides the shallow one, drawn from a higher TF (in darker colour), so the whole chart is in channels... ;)

Your misconceptions should not be imposed on others.
Reason: