Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1662

Mihail Marchukajtes:
You've got carried away. Just high matter. Let me put it this way: man became rational when he identified his ego. Animals can hardly imagine themselves as another species, may be chempanze, but otherwise consciousness is when you can look at yourself from outside or imagine yourself otherwise. Maybe it's just a fantasy, though. But if you imagine the thought process as a transmission of electrical signals between neurons, then consciousness is nothing but a cloud of electrical discharges in a certain state. Imagine the brain, now take away the flesh and leave only the electrical signals. What do you see? A cloud of charges in a certain state. And yes, psychotropic substances were the reason for the transition to the identification of one's self.

there are animals that are conscious of their own selves, that grieve and bury their relatives.

there are animals that have much faster and more flexible memories and can understand human speech and speak themselves (as far as their speech apparatus allows).

There are animals that have more words in their vocabulary than in any human language.

The mind is very incomprehensible and difficult to measure quantitatively.

Perhaps one could still speculate on "consciousness and self" in terms of swarm intelligence. Let us take for example: a) a set of cells of one human brain, b) a set of ants of one colony, c) a set of people of one state. Obviously, in all three cases there is some consciousness inherent in the set as a whole, but consciousness of one's own self is present only in the first case. It turns out that it is a matter of the qualitative and quantitative level of connections between the elements of the set.

Let's be more specific. Otherwise, one incomprehensible word is replaced by other incomprehensible ones.
Let's begin by listing the properties of consciousness.
Consciousness is provided by a biological system (brain, organism as a whole). It, like many others, works due to many physical laws.
What peculiarities should an organism (system) have to be considered to have consciousness?
Can the work of consciousness be considered a computational process?
Everything is not clear with calculations.
Calculation- themathematical transformation, which allows transforming the incoming streamof information in the output one, the structure of which differs from the first.
Then what is information?
Information(fromthe Latin.informātiō"explanation, representation, notion of something" ←informare"to give form, shape, teach; to think, imagine"[1]) - information regardless of the form of its presentation.
All right, then, what is information.
Information is information.
Yes, Wikipedia says that information is information, and information is information :)).
See other definitions of information.
  • Knowledge about objects,facts,ideas, etc., that can be exchanged between people within a specificcontext(ISO/IEC 10746-2:1996)[7];
  • knowledge about facts, events, things, ideas and concepts that have a specificmeaning within a specific context (ISO/IEC 2382:2015)[8];
  • information perceived by a person and (or) special devices as a reflection of facts ofthematerial orspiritual world in the process of communication (GOST 7.0-99)[9].
I see, there is nothing here:
knowledge? idea? context? concepts? meaning? information ( we know about information :)) , communication?
As I understood, in short, information is information :)).
All right, then let's just enumerate the properties of information. And then let's move on...

Aleksey Nikolayev:
I guess we can also speculate on the subject of "consciousness and self" from the point of view of swarm intelligence. Let us take for example: a) a set of cells of one human brain, b) a set of ants of one colony, c) a set of people of one state. Obviously, in all three cases there is some consciousness inherent in the set as a whole, but consciousness of one's own self is present only in the first case. It turns out that it is a matter of the qualitative and quantitative level of connections between the elements of the set.

If you look at wikipedia, there is a clear division of concepts for Western and Eastern philosophies

That is, from whichever side you look at it will be

totally fucked up... we're talking about machine learning ALLO!!!!

Right, you need to be more specific, especially in these difficult times).

I do not see (for myself) the point in raising global issues in this thread - let them be dealt with by specially trained people in specially designated places. On the contrary, I am interested in some particulars, by analogy with which you can build some computational procedures. In fact, machine learning algorithms are based on very crude models of the real world. The brain is much more complex than our neural networks, and evolution is much more complex than genetic algorithms.

The idea of describing consciousness through swarm intelligence (without going too deep) is interesting to me from the point of view of the idea of constructing TC as a portfolio of primitive systems. Simply put, you need to modify the genetic algorithm so that the target is counted by generation as a whole, rather than separately by generation organisms. A rough analogy is the evolution of a single volvox. There may be some gain in simplification of calculations, which may be useful for online recalculation of the portfolio (constantly necessary due to non-stationarity of prices). The analogy of the correlation between organisms is the correlation between primitive TS.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

If you look at wikipedia, there is a clear division of concepts for Western and Eastern philosophies

i.e. from whichever side you look at it that's how it's going to be.

I want to look from practically useful side) "a tree knows by its fruits".

I read that nikolayev suggests "looking on the practically useful side" and gasped in surprise....

Aleksey Nikolayev:

I want to look on the practically useful side) "The tree is known by its fruit".

If you look from practical point of view, then you should live in monastery for 5 years, deny yourself all benefits, then money will come by itself 😁

Dmitry:

I read that nikolayev suggests "looking at it from a practically useful angle" and I gasped in amazement....

Bile, apparently) I'm surprised you haven't choked on it)

Reason: