Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1428

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Well, and in the market, too. As an example - taught logic. Instead of writing endless conditions yourself, put there NS - 15 minutes, and it's done.

This is not true. Forex is a dynamic system, it moves and grows all the time.

And what was before is NOT very important. No NS will be able to guess what will happen next, because the graph tends to infinity, and all the time there are unusual cases.

No robot can orient itself precisely in these cases and it always needs prompting.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

It's not. Forex is a dynamic system, it moves and grows all the time.

And what was earlier is NOT very important. No NS will be able to guess what will happen next, because the graph tends to infinity and extraordinary cases are forming all the time.

No robot will be able to navigate these cases EXACTLY, and all the time you have to prompt.

Of course. But this applies equally to all systems, including manual trading.

You don't have to guess what will happen next. It is important that the hypotheses are occasionally confirmed.)

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

No robot will be able to navigate in these cases, and prompts are required all the time.

The media have different information, more than 2/3 of transactions in the market are made by robots

But 3 years ago I googled the question how much are the quants paid to work in the markets, if I'm not mistaken, then from $100k a year, I doubt that someone is engaged in charity and just gives out such wages.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Of course. But this applies to all systems, including manual trading.

It is not necessary to guess what will happen next. It is important that the hypotheses are sometimes confirmed).

One should not forget that when trading manually, there is experience and intuition.

And also the market situation is considered: the past and upcoming calendar news, including important messages from some leaders of important countries.

Igor Makanu:

In the media different information, more than 2/3 of transactions in the market are carried out by robots

It's not interesting to google now, but about three years ago I googled the question how much quants are paid to work in the exchanges, if I'm not mistaken, then from $100K a year, I doubt that someone does charity and just gives out such wages ;)

Do you think that $100K a year is a big sum :)

Trading with robots is a must, they make your work much easier.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

It should not be forgotten that when trading manually, there is experience and intuition.

And also market conditions are taken into account: past and upcoming calendar news, including important messages from some leaders of big countries.

No one, in their right mind, is saying that ATS should last forever. According to my data, the lifetime of the ATC without changing the algorithm is ~2 years.

The leaders and news affect only investment trading and the medium and long term. The current market information is enough for speculative trading.

Again, it's the same discussion for the 50th time... ))

Let me explain. In old age, most of the neurons die off, only the strongest connections in the brain remain. This is how marasmus occurs and how the same joke can be told 500 times.

It's the same with Petros and Asaulenka.

But this does not mean that the more you repeat the more it is true ))

Igor Makanu:

In the media different information, more than 2/3 of transactions in the market are carried out by robots

now it's not interesting to google, but about three years ago I googled the question how much quants are paid to work in the exchanges, if I'm not mistaken, then from $ 100k a year, I doubt that someone does charity and just gives out such salaries ;)

Unfortunately, this is a very modest salary. As for America or European capitals, I would say "a living wage", a beautiful young lady in a fashionable nightclub will not come to visit you if you say you get so much. Not so long ago (2005-2012) Quants received about an order of magnitude more, then true prices were different (the normal salary $ 50-60k a year), but even the headhunters had an average price of half a Mio a year, for "zalyotnye" and "stars" a lot more Mio haggled)))

It's all the fault of the goddamned profanation, now that the web developer that quant one salary. While they say it's only on the "public market", those who actually do alpha, still make millions of dollars a year, but perhaps all here understand very different things to learn to use some publicly available python library, and do alpha.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Again, it's the same discussion for the 50th time... ))

Let me explain. In old age, most of the neurons die off, only the strongest connections in the brain remain. This is how marasmus occurs and how the same joke can be told 500 times.

It's the same with Petros and Asaulenka.

But that does not mean that the more you repeat the more it is true ))

You're definitely getting hooked. Get in the role and do not come out)). This is already a pathology.

govich:

Alas, this is a very modest salary. As for America or European capitals, I would say "a living wage", a beautiful young lady in a fancy nightclub will not come to visit you if you say that you get so much. Not so long ago (2005-2012) Quants received about an order of magnitude more, then true prices were different (the normal salary $ 50-60k a year), but even the headhunters had an average price of half a Mio a year, for "zalyotnye" and "stars" a lot more Mio haggled)))

It's all the fault of the goddamned profanation, now that the web developer that quant one salary. Although they say it's only on the "public market", those who actually do alpha, still make millions of dollars a year, but I guess as everyone here understands different things to learn to use some publicly available python library, and do alpha.

The cost of living (or rather, the average salary) in NYC is 2-3k a month, i.e. less than 50k a year. The rest is by analogy.

Reason: