Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1429

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

The cost of living (or rather, the average salary) in New York is 2-3k a month, i.e. less than 50k a year. The rest is similar.

Only not the average, but the median. Two big differences).

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

The cost of living (or rather, the average salary) in New York is 2-3k a month, i.e. less than 50k a year. The rest is similar.

A little different, the Ameri workers get around 2.5-3.5 a month, skilled workers - by our engineers a little more about 4, then the work associated with a life-threatening police officers, etc. they are here and came close to 60.A skilled worker - our engineers a bit more about 4, then the life-threatening jobs, the police, etc. They are very close to $60 000 a year, everything over 60 a year are medical professionals (private practice) and businesses - very few people pay more than 60K a year, even in the notorious Silicon Valley do not pry money for workers' salaries, so say that the Amers have 100 K is not money ... well, well ))))

govich:

No, not "figures", it has been proved dozens of times by all more or less intelligent traders that graphical "patterns" do not work in the market, the market does not remember them, does not "see" them, how many versions of "pettern correlators" that have blown the pettern heptothesis to smithereens have already been made.

Besides these, I haven't seen anything better working, and I've been sitting here for a long time :) Time is non-linear, one pattern may occupy a hundred bars, and twenty patterns may fit in one bar, on the same timeframe/dimension. The process goes with different speed. The market is multidimensional, and the dimensions should by no means be confused. On the "Y" axis (amplitude), too, you can not be tied to points, of course. If you are able to write a "recognizer" with this in mind, you will be in good health.

I do not know if it is even possible to detect working patterns automatically. I think it is doubtful. What traders have checked is immaterial. Without understanding the essence of the patterns and the process occurring in the markets nothing will work. I advise those who want to find something working to carefully read the branch on the Spider.

http://forex.kbpauk.ru/showflat.php?Number=11259

Poul Trade Forum: Поговорим о паттернах?
  • forex.kbpauk.ru
Не знаю, будет-ли интересным для народа пообсуждать стратегии и системки торговли по патернам, но, будучи старым и заядлым патерналистом, все-же рискнул и призываю публику к обсуждению всяко разного, што с...

Igor Makanu:

A little different, the Ameri workers get around 2.5-3.5 a month, skilled workers - by our engineers a little more about 4, then the work associated with a life-threatening police officers, etc. they are here and are close to 60.000 $ a year, all that over 60 a year are doctors (private practice) and already business - for hire over 60K a year pays little where, even in the notorious Silicon Valley do not pry money on wages to employees, so say that the Amerks 100 K is not money ... well well ))))

oh yes, medicine is expensive there even for locals) medics are well off

But to become one, you need to study for over 10 years, as far as I remember.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Igor Makanu:

A little different, the Ameri workers get around 2.5-3.5 a month, skilled workers - by our engineers a little more about 4, then the work associated with a life-threatening police officers, etc. they are here and came close to 60.000 $ a year, all that over 60 a year are doctors (private practice) and already business - for hire over 60K a year pays little where, even in the notorious Silicon Valley does not pry money on wages to employees, so say that the Amerov 100 K is not money ... well well ))))

Well, I'm not going to argue, this is what Quantum said from NY, the guys there have their own outlook on life and "living wage", there only apartment rented according to him for $ 6k a month, $ 72k a year))))

About 50k for NY I don't know... It's like for Moscow $500 per month, maybe if they have their own place to live, no family and bad habits, they can survive, but not so cool.

Wizard2018:
I've never seen anything better, and I'm sitting here for a long time :) Time is non-linear, one pattern may take a hundred bars, or twenty patterns may fit in one bar, on the same timeframe/dimension. The process goes at different speeds. The market is multidimensional, and the dimensions should by no means be confused. On the "Y" axis (amplitude), too, you can not be tied to points, of course. If you are able to write a "recognizer" with this in mind, you will be in good health.

I don't know if it's even possible to detect working patterns in the automatic mode. I strongly doubt it. What the wise traders of years ago checked - nothing. They checked the wrong and wrong way. Without understanding the essence of the patterns and the process occurring in the markets, nothing will work. I advise those who want to find something working to carefully read a branch on the Spider.

http://forex.kbpauk.ru/showflat.php?Number=11259

In 2003-6 (when we were discussing it) maybe the patterns still worked, there weren't so many robots then...

Wizard2018:
I've never seen anything better, and I've been sitting here for a long time :) Time is non-linear, one pattern may take a hundred bars, or twenty patterns may fit in one bar, on the same timeframe/dimension. The process goes at different speeds. The market is multidimensional, and the dimensions should by no means be confused. On the "Y" axis (amplitude), too, you can not be tied to points, of course. If you are able to write a "recognizer" with this in mind, you will be in good health.

And you, I take it, are already in the sweet spot?

govich:

Well, I'm not going to argue, this is from the words of Quant from NY, there guys have their own view of life and "living wage", there only apartment rented according to him for $ 6k a month, $ 72k a year))))

About 50k for NY I don't know... Well, it's like $500 a month for Moscow, maybe if you have your own living space, no family and bad habits, it's like you can survive, but not cool.

Once again, I am convinced that I am the only one who has a paid subscription to Google

I didn't want to, but here's the first thing that came up on "quant stock vacancy"https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/quantitative-trader-jobs-SRCH_KO0,19.htm

they're offering $98K-$160K (Glassdoor est.) - i almost forgot my english, but i think that's a year's salary offer?

SZY: learn Python urgently, those who haven't learned it yet! all quants must know Python! - C++ will be an additional advantage!)

govich:

And you, as I understand it, are already in good shape?

Patterns do work. The only question is what is meant by a pattern. If it's the primitive that's in the TA books, they don't work. I doubt that you can even see them on a chart with your eyes, if only you have a shot.) And it's not at all certain that when a pattern is detected, everything will be as planned. Only the probabilities.

Igor Makanu:

Once again I am convinced that I am the only one who has a paid google subscription

I didn't want to, but here's the first thing that came up on "quant stock vacancy"https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/quantitative-trader-jobs-SRCH_KO0,19.htm

they offer $98K-$160K (Glassdoor est.) - i almost forgot my english, but i guess that's a salary offer for one year?

SZY: learn Python urgently, those who haven't learned it yet! all quants must know Python! - C++ will be an additional advantage!)

It's not about English, but you have to know it like a native, it goes without saying and it's not about Python, which you learn in a couple of weeks. If not, who gives a shit if you're from Harvard or Ivy League, even if you're the president's son, they will only take you to marketing.

Reason: