Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1421

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Where are the living species - that is the question.

We are living species, the rest are either dead or dying out... although with such trends we will become extinct as a species soon

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I often use several columns to describe the same phenomenon - the problem here is another, how to teach the model to work with a group of columns reflecting the same idea. Predictors are like constructor parts in this case that fit together within the same group.

I personally see the description of a gap as creation of a sort of a cup with gap levels, which will contain all necessary information with a limited depth - for example 5 gaps above and below the current price. Accordingly, the characteristics of each gap will be given - the gap, the distance to the gap, the number of bars passed since the gap occurred - this is the minimum that can be expressed as natural and relative indices.

A similar method can be applied to other levels.

I also see it that way so far, but then what will be the target?

A long time ago I came across a very good work on GEPs

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/12216

Скрытые гэпы
Скрытые гэпы
  • www.mql5.com
Трейдеры часто обращают внимание на гэпы - ценовые разрывы между ценой закрытия одной свечи и ценой открытия другой. На рынке Форекс такие явления достаточно редки, а потому собрать по ним мало-мальски значимую статистику сложно. В дополнение к этим классическим гэпам существуют ценовые разрывы, образовавшиеся внутри свечей М1. Глядя на такую...

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

We are living species, the rest are either dead or actively dying out... although with these trends we will become extinct as a species soon.

That's the point, either we are a random mutation, and therefore such a small subspecies of monkeys, or it's something else.

By the way, the lecturer stated that interbreeding different peoples with different brain volumes does not result in brain growth, then again it is not clear how he is talking about brain growth through genetic selection - sounds contradictory. Plus stated that DNA has little effect on brain formation... Here then it is not clear how the structure of the brain is built and why it allows the absence of fields, while this feature is not inherited.... Very many logical incomprehension - perhaps I really do not know something, but is it so important for potential buyers of his products...

mytarmailS:

I also see it that way so far, and then what will be the target?

The target in the form of an acceptable limit of the area, not beyond which the correction of the price movement will occur, the correction is clearly below/above the gap. It's hard to talk about numbers without statistics, that's why such relative figures.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Some time ago I came across a very good work on gaps.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/12216

The idea is interesting, the gap within a minute is possible, but not many people see it, and in my opinion it is very important for the price to influence the human decision.

Anyway, I would watch this indicator on MT5.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

The idea is interesting, the gap within a minute is possible, but not many people see it, and in my opinion it is very important for the price to influence a person's decision.

Anyway, I would watch this indicator on MT5.

I want to see what happens

Renat Akhtyamov:
And I want to see what happens

In terms of predictors?

By the way, the target can also be in the form of an overlap of the gap on the current ZZ segment. Then it will be something like a take profit.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

The point is that either we are a random mutation, and therefore such a small subspecies of monkeys, or it is about something else.

By the way, the lecturer stated that interbreeding different peoples with different brain volumes does not result in brain growth, then again it is not clear how he is talking about brain growth through genetic selection - sounds contradictory. Plus stated that DNA has little effect on brain formation... then it's not clear how the brain structure is built and why it allows for no fields, with this feature not being inherited.... A lot of logical confusion - maybe I really don't know something, but is it that important to potential buyers of his products...

artificial selection, humanity is culling itself now

like dog breeds... only the dogs are culling themselves

Because individual mutations are random, but when a large sample is selected according to certain rules, they will have more similarities, including brain structure

so different peoples are different subspecies because they are selected in a certain environment, with their own characteristics. Like poodles and chow chow or sheepdogs
Reason: