Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1402

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Well, philosophers generally love mental masturbation, so no wonder they can't explain anything :) Soviet scientists explained everything long ago.

Soviet scientists solved almost all the mysteries of the universe, except for the reason there is no meat in the stores.)

Chalmers's ideas are fully recognized by today's neuroscience and there is a clear desire to synthesize them.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Soviet scientists have solved almost all the mysteries of the universe, except for the reason there is no meat in the stores)

Chalmers' ideas are quite accepted by today's neuroscience and there is a clear desire to synthesize them.

Maybe, but what he said in the video didn't impress me at all. Another matrix in the sauce of consciousness... pan-consciousness, panspermia... we've all been through it. I didn't even hear anything new.

The sausage is harmful, especially the one that is half toilet paper.)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

And the sausage is unhealthy, especially the one that's half toilet paper.)

Come on, there's no toilet paper! - It costs money, too! the usual vegetable cake as a filler - which even the piglets do not want to eat ))))

SZS: my grandmother worked at a meat plant during Soviet times, she never bought sausage and told us not to eat it, she only bought liverka for her pets to feed them ;)

Igor Makanu:

Come on, there's no toilet paper! - It costs money, too! the usual vegetable cake as a filler - which even piglets do not want to eat ))))

SZS: my grandmother worked in a meat factory during the soviet regime, she never bought sausage and told us not to eat it, she only bought liverka to feed her house cats ;)

I think everybody knows about it... but sometimes I want some sausage sticks with glutamate :)

I read "sausage" instead of meat, apparently someone told me the same thing, but about sausage. And it's very revealing, by the way. "Consciousness" sees only what it wants to see, with all the resulting philosophies and so on.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Maybe, but what he said in the video did not impress me at all. Another matrix in the sauce of consciousness... pan-consciousness, panspermia... we've all been there. I didn't even hear anything new.

And the sausage is bad, especially the one that's half toilet paper.)

It's just a short popular lecture. (You can't post his two-hour speech in front of philosophers at Moscow State University or a list of books and articles.)

Back in the 19th century, atoms were thought to be an invention of the ancient Greeks, and then physicists found something similar (but not much) to them. I myself believe that the task of explaining consciousness by consciousness itself is unsolvable in principle (due to restrictions imposed by the theory of algorithms), but it is interesting to look at other people's attempts.

Maxim Dmitrievsky: And this is very revealing, by the way. "Consciousness" sees only what it wants to see, with all the philosophies and so on.

This is exactly the case, I have already posted many times a video about psychological tricks that consciousness does, self-deception is engaged in everything - both vision and consciousness and... This is a normal work of the human body - to look for opportunities and to be in the comfort zone. And the task of marketers and others is to stimulate the necessary associations, so that it seemed to the person to get even more comfort zone - and subconsciously it works

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Back in the 19th century, atoms were thought to be an invention of the ancient Greeks, and then physicists found something similar (but not very) to them. I myself believe that the task of explaining consciousness by consciousness itself is unsolvable in principle (because of limitations imposed by the theory of algorithms), but it is interesting to look at others' attempts.

Democritus was some kind of materialist, as I remember... I do not know why he was relegated to philosopher :) I explained the phenomenon of "consciousness" very simply - it is a background process that accompanies the work of the nervous system. An analogy - relict radiation after the emergence of the universe, or smoke when a fire is burning. How the same thing is felt by consciousness in details is another question, but I think that everything there is also quite primitive.

As a fact - the feeling of internal "I" in the person appears not at once, and after the brain has already more or less formed, i.e. there were some steady connections between neurons. And many people associate the presence of consciousness with the inner "I". I remember when I was a child when this strange feeling first appeared. And in fact, it is just a differentiation by the brain of its owner from the surrounding world.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
As a fact - the feeling of an internal "I" in a person does not appear immediately, but after the brain is already more or less formed. And many people associate the presence of consciousness with the inner "I". I remember when I was a child when this strange feeling first appeared.

the inner "I" is an illusion, a person can exist only in the society (there are a lot of examples about Robinson's and various psychological disorders from loneliness)

And even your interests are a consequence of your being in a certain society ;)

PS: another question that often happens that people engaged in scientific activity and leading an isolated way of life could find genius solutions thanks to their isolation ;)

Igor Makanu:

the inner "I" is an illusion, a person can exist only in the society (there are a lot of examples about Robinson's and various psychological disorders from loneliness)

And even your interests are a consequence of your being in a certain society ;)

PS: another question that often happens that people engaged in scientific activities and leading a closed way of life could find genius solutions thanks to their isolation ;)

I'm not related to society, it seems to me. It's just an internal differentiation into me and not me. It's like the brain distinguishes between his body and a rock. As soon as the child begins to understand this, he has a self. And if you take away the I, then what consciousness we can talk about, it simply will not exist. Consequently, this is an invented meaningless term :) And philosophers have blown it out of proportion.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Democritus was a materialist, as far as I remember... I don't know why he was reclassified as a philosopher :) I explained the phenomenon of "consciousness" very simply - it is a background process accompanying the work of the nervous system. An analogy - relict radiation after the emergence of the universe, or smoke when a fire is burning. How it is felt in details by consciousness is another question, but I think that everything there is also quite primitive.

As a fact - the feeling of internal "I" in a person appears not at once, but after the brain has already more or less formed, i.e. there were some steady connections between neurons. And many people associate the presence of consciousness with the inner "I". I remember when I was a child when this strange feeling first appeared. And in fact, it is just a differentiation by the brain of its owner from the surrounding world.

It's believed that the ancient Greeks had no concept of personality - a person was a body controlled by the gods.

Reason: